Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, April 04, 2008
One book at a time

I love Borders bookstores and books in general. I have so many that I don't even read. Sigh, it's actually very sad. I have read several in our city book club One Book, One Chicago and am currently reading "The Long Goodbye" by Raymond Chandler. I just started, but it's not bad. I am actually hoping that this will spur me to write my own damn book. I have my idea, I have my theme, but I just need to get going.

My problem now? Where should I set the story. I contemplate creating a fake city/town but decided against it. I'm thinking about just using Chicago since I live here and it might be easier to use real places. I think the city is also versatile enough that if I need a country like setting, lots of open land, etc. I can do it without completely lying. My story deals with horror and vampires and there's some part of me that thinks it will seem stupid in a city environment. I think of L.A. as the setting for Angel and it just works so well. Hmmm, note to self : You're a writer dammit! Make it work!

Okay, I will. Thanks self!

See you guys soon

Labels: , ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:21 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 4:18 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    I've been reading about your attempts to write for a while. Perhaps you could join a writer's group? I think they're like book clubs but you share your own work instead.

    For example, I found these on meetup:
    http://writers.meetup.com/113/
    http://writers.meetup.com/639/

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Chicago would be great for a vampire story. :)

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger exMI said…

    Vampires in Chicago? Have you read Jim Butcher's books?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1