Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Myspace Test
When I started blogging, gasp, some years ago, I TRULY loved it. Not that I don't still love it, but my somewhat decent sized handful of favorites have dwindled to about 8 or 9 nine, if that many. And yes, I still adore you and love that you still drop by, but I do miss some of my regulars who used to blog.

I never got into Myspace. I was way past adult when I started blogging and while most people see any of it-- blogging/myspace/facebook/etc. as the geeklovers paradise I saw blogging as more for all ages, for any reasons and saw places like Myspace and Facebook for more of the twentysomething and teen set. I know and heard of people who will troll myspace for HOURS everyday. ?????? I don't get it. I used to browse blogger, yes, I really did try and add new friends, and find other bloggers that I had interests in, but I still think that myspace fans are way more obsessive.

I have a friend at work who has found several other co workers on myspace. I just don't have the time or interest. I guess I really am old. BUT I thought about secretly putting up a my space page just to see if she could find it. She knows I'm a fan of Buffy and a lot of my interests.

I just wonder if she would get it. heheh. It would be pretty funny if she asked me one day if I had one because she thinks she found it. I told her I blog but I didn't give her my blog address, she didn't ask because she probably didn't think I wanted to give it out. I didn't, not really, but if she found it, cool, especially since I don't blog about my hellhole anymore.

Anyway, I just wanted to post something. Off to take my shower and watch "Lost" online.

Agggg! Where did the weekend go? I need a vacation!

Have a good week everyone!

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:37 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Just call me little miss social network! I'm on every freaking site - facebook, myspace, linked in, plaxo. Some of it is for work so if you ever want to look me up, let me know.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    I confess to getting sucked into MySpace. Oh, I tried to fight it for a while but eventually I caved to the pressures. There have been times when I spent hours on there finding old friends and making my page sparkle-tastic. Fortunately I've mostly moved past that and can devote those hours to other useless, er, important activities.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger exMI said…

    My fencing club folks kept asking me for my myspace page. So I mad eone. then they said no one uses myspace anymore it is facebook so I made one of those too. I prefer the facebook because there is a lot less random spam. (usually someone named Chantal or Brittany wanting to be my friend so I can go join some adult site and see their "private pictures wink wink"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1