Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, October 08, 2006
quick blog
I was in Bed, Bath and Beyond the other day and this lady asked me if I could help her in the store. Um, I'm a SHOPPER not an employee. I was a bit insulted, but everyone I told thought it was sort of chuckly funny, so I'm starting to see the funny side of it--sort of. I was in a street coat, as in a regular jacket and not a name tag and/or apron. I was wearing regular clothes and browsing just like her, so WTF?

I'm thinking, so does she just see someone black and figure she works here and should help me? But then I decided not to make it racial. She was snotty or rude or anything and was quick to apologize after I told her I didn't work there, but I'm thinking, she was looking me up and down, clearly I was dressed to be working there. Whatever.

At any rate, every time I go to B,B and B I sit in this friggin' wonderful Shiatsu massage chair and I LOVE IT. The pad is $99 and I really want it. I'm going to have buy that one day, it feels sooooooooooo good. Man, I could sit there for hours.

B,B and B is a great store, but it's a bit expensive for my taste. My sis usually finds some bargains but I don't. I just browse and hang out with her. You find the same stuff--cheaper-- in Marshall's and Filene's Basment and T.J. Maxx. Sorry, but I'm of the cheap variety, unless it's something I really, really want. Then I might dig deep.

Well, I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. See you later!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 12:47 PM  
6 commentst:
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    That chair is only 99 bucks???? Its gotta cost more than that. I found a chair I feel in love with at akia last week....but it was nearly as comfortable looking as this one. have a good week GG

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Did you not notice those kids running around you 5 minutes before-hand and someone slapping you on the back?? That was one of them sticking a large sheet of paper to your back which said "I work here".
    See it all makes sense now - the lady read it and then she asked you for some help *wink*

    Nice green dress you are wearing in your pic :)

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    If you get the chair you must tell me so I can come visit. heehee :)
    It loooooks soooo comfy!!

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    you know those massaging chairs that you put money into in the malls, do you know how much i have paid to them? oh my goodness do i love those chairs..when i become rich, that will be one of my first purchases...


    have a good one.
    XOXOXO

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    Because I am sight impaired, I often have trouble in stores finding someone to help me so sometimes I will ask someone who looks friendly to help point me in the right ditection or for their opinion or what the color of something is.

    I am guessing this person thought you wee friendly because most people who work at the store have body signals like 'don't bother me even though I work here attitude!

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hey GG! How are you? Have a great weekend. Oh yeah the baby is a girl!! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1