Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Slow moving week
It's only Tuesday? Sheesh

Today was another shitastic day at work. I cut my year down to six months. I'm going to try and last until after Christmas, then move on. This job isn't for me, and I hate that because I was hoping to get this and settle down, it would be nice not to constantly have to move from job to job.

But I don't see myself ever really feeling good there about the work, I just don't like it. I have a question, do you think it would be okay to put a job on my resume where I've been for only 6 months? I don't think I can last longer than that! And I'd like to quit before I get fired. There's always something that I'm missing, or messed up or finding too late and it works my nerves. The office manager is so phony, pretending that I'm doing a good job. Fucking liar.

The other girl that used to work there got into it with one of the attorney's and they gave her a choice of quitting or being fired. She chose to quit because she thought it would be to hard finding another job with a 'fired' over her head. They've been giving her unemployment for months, now they're appealing it and trying to make her pay it back. WTF?

She's fighting back and may have to go to court. I hope she wins. That place is so shitty--and cheap!! She was talking about how only the secretaries would get new printers, and when the mail clerk mentioned someone's else's printer wasn't working right, she looked all serious and crazy and was like NO! just the secretaries, they do a lot of printing.

I'm standing there thinking 'me too!' but I knew she wasn't going to get me a new printer. That cheap ass company. I'm staring to hate that place more than I already do.

See you guys later!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:48 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 6:54 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i don't think staying there much longer will do you any good. you are already feeling the side effects of all the negative emotions. and now you see what they do for there employees and ex-employees. unfortunately for the girl who is trying to fight them, they are lawyers and they know all the tricks. good luck to her. and to you, watch your back. good luck.

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    I would quit now and skip them in the resume. No one should have to go to a place they hate everyday.....and this company sounds a little shady....they fired someone because she got into it with an attorney???? Bullshit.

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Get out now!! No job is worth making you miserable and unhappy.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1