Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Bad Habits Are Hard to Break
I used to have a bad habit of nail biting when I was young, but once I got to college it stopped and I would only bite them when I got stressed or nervous. My nails grow really long and people are envious because I don't stylize them or anything. They go 'if I had nails like that I'd polish them, blah, blah'

I don't even put clear polish on them. I don't go to the nail salon and I only put cuticle oil on them when my sister give it to me. In short, I do nothing to my nails except not bite them and let them grow. I HATE fake nails. I can't stand them on my fingers. I got them for Prom and couldn't get them off fast enough. Never again.

The reason for this 'bad habit' post is because I do something that I don't if it's a bad habit or I'm a closet narcissist or what, but I seem to always turn a conversation about me and I don't realize I'm doing it until a little later or sometimes in the middle of the conversation then I feel bad.

Like if someone said, 'I had to spend $1,000 on a plumbing emergency' Then I'll start talking about something similar that happened to me. I didn't think about it until a friend from work was telling me something and I kept trying to tell my similar story and she said 'wait, I'm not finished' then I felt bad.

I'm trying to just ask questions and keep the story/topic on them instead of somehow turning it onto me, but it seems to be hard. And this is even funnier because I don't like the spotlight on me no way, no how. I'm comfortable yaking with close friends and relatives, but with people I hardly know I'm a mouse. Maybe this is why I keep butting in, I'm too comfortable talking. But it's not a good thing, I don't think.

Sometimes it works when you have to say what happened to you in order to help someone make a decision or something, but usually I feel it's just making the conversation about me which are not my intentions.

Okay, I'm gonna shut up now and let you guys talk. ;D

P.S. I missed you guys, hope all of you are well! I did a little blog stalking, nice to check in with you. Have a great weekend!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 8:59 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hey GG!! Long time no see! Have a great weekend. :)

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    I have this habit of adding to the conversation and talking about what happened to me as well. But then at the end I say, "Oh, I am sorry, go ahead you were saying?" or "Oops, we were not talking about me....go ahead"

    Usually when you apologize, people appreciate it and finish their story while I try to keep my mouth shut for the rest of the time.

    Hope this helps.

    Oh, I never do anything with my nails either....my mother is always filing hers and I cannot stand the feeling of filing so I let them grow and them cut them all down when they start to annoy me.

     
  • At 2:34 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    yep...we all do it GG....you know that song " I wanna talk about me"....lol...well I wanna talk about me..dont worry about it. Just tell that girl you will listen to her when your done talking about yourself! lol

    I cant stand fake fingernails either, but I cant grow mine long either. I love long nails, but I dont have them.

    Hope you run into Apollo this week!

     
  • At 3:14 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    it is your blog, your thoughts, your room to vent and express yourself. nothing wrong with that. don't worry.

    i have always bitten my nails, since i was a toddler my mom said. it was and always has been a way to handle stress and insecurities..

    but i finally got something that works, i get my nails done every 2 wks and i love the way they look, gel overlay and guess who likes the look better?

    hope your work wk goes as well as possible.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1