Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Job Stress
I hate for every post to be a rant about my job, but today was so stressful I have to let it out. Basically, I just felt overwhealmed again. I have so much work to do, it's not even funny. I'm going to get as much work done tommorow as possible. That shitty place. They give out so much work and don't pay for overtime. It's impossible to get all that work done in 7 hours (excluding lunch)

The new Legal Secretary doesn't even take her lunches or breaks! I wonder when she eats or even goes to the bathroom.

Today that bitchy Office Manager came to my desk and asked me (Again) about what I thought about the job and to honestly tell her how I felt. ???? Okay, I'm not going to really tell the truth, what would it matter anyway? Okay, I say it's too much work for one person. So, then what? Nothing. Not that I really care anymore, but I didn't want to give her any amunition to want to let me go, though it would be a relief not to have to worry about those responsibilites anymore.

I think I need to inform them that slavery is over! WTF with all that work they give?

You don't know how bad I want to quit, but I just can't again, at least not for a few months. I don't plan on staying the year like I originally planned and my ma is backing me up. She was like 'well, just leave after a few months or leave in January like you planned and go somewhere else.'

There are some decent days, but I'm a quitter guys, as you know, but I had to learn the hard way that quitting before I have something else lined up isn't good and I just can't put myself in that situation again.

I know what your're thinking, (then quit bitching!) but I can't! It's my release! heh. I decided I'm leaving in January anyway, so I'm just going to try and stick it out until then. I need to prepare myself finanically this time, then...


I'M OUTTA THAT HELLHOLE!!


************

In other news, did you hear about Anna Nicole Smith's Son? I still don't know the whole story, but I think her died a pretty gruesome death. That's so sad because I know her son was her friend. That's so sad to me. I wonder what happened to him.

I can't wait for the premiere of Smallville. Heh, I love that show.

If I don't see you guys, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:22 PM  
7 commentst:
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    That really sucks that your job is causing you so much stress. As I've been reading these past couple of weeeks, I assumed that it was just a matter of adjusting to a new job and things would eventually get better. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like has or will. :(

    Hopefully you can use the time between now and January to line up another job. And, because you are getting a paycheck, you'll be able to be more selective with jobs. You know, looking for jobs at night can be the dirty little secret that makes the days a little easier. ;)

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    maybe you should tell her how bad things are there. maybe they have no idea because no one tells them. just a thought.

    hope tomorrow goes a little better. hugs.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    Sorry about the job, I hope it at leasts gets a little more bareable for you til Jan.

    I did hear about Anna Nicole's son that was incredibly sad! Especially considering they had just celebrated the birth of her new daughter. It's a sad time for her :(

     
  • At 4:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you are doing all of the right things. Do as much as you can each day without destroying yourself then when your boss notices that there is always excess stuff for you to do at the end of each day she will be able to work out herself that you need another person to help you get through everything. See that way it takes it out of your hands to actually mention that you are finding it tough going :)

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I just heard about Anna's son. So sad. :(
    Have a nice relaxing weekend GG!! You deserve it!!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    Here is what I would do if I were you. Go to a temp agency and take all their tests and when they call you for a job opportuntity which could be a permanent position, walk out of the other one with your head held high! That way you do not have to search for a job while you are working so many hours on the one you want to quit.

    I feel bad for Anna Nicole and her new daughter who will never know her brother.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    Did you watch the WB goodbyes yesterday? They aired the pilots of Buffy, Angel, Dawson, and Felicity

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1