Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Highlight of the Day

Anyone who has been to my blog in the past will know why this was the highlight of my day. The computer guy came today because the computers and printers are wigging out (maybe because they're from 1986) but I let the office manager know that my printer was acting up, and the computer guy came by and...


He looked and sounded just like APOLO LOL! I was like, 'whoa! This guy looks like Apolo AND he really sounded like him. Man oh man, he sat on the table next to my printer and talked to me while he tested it. Hee hee. Sigh.

Okay, also today was much, much better. I needed the stress reprieve! The bad thing about this job is it really is a stress, shitty place, but there are a couple of decent days tossed in. I'm still on my year plan. If I can last, I'll leave after a year..if it starts to get too much days and days and weeks in a row, forget it. I'm out the door.

Thanks you guys for having my back. At least you sympthize and aren't like some people I know who just think you're supposed to stay anywhere and just 'deal' because it's a job. Other jobs can be found.

Have a happy mid-week Wednesday!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:32 PM  
7 commentst:
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Neoma said…

    here from the Dr. John Marathon........


    There are good reasons to stay with a job, HOWEVER, there is NO job worth your mental health and well being. Excuses can be given why you changed jobs, and your new employer will understand. And if they don't, you might not want that job anyway. Some bosses are just so bad I would hate for any of my kids to have them. It would riun them to ever want to work again.

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i am walking proof what stress can do to a body..nothing is worth that hon..i don't know who is not being supportive to you..often is the ones that should be and in their defence they are usually loving us but in their terms and not always in the right way..but know that your heart is the one who has to make the decisions..follow that and know that it will go well..glad your dad was better today. hope tomorrow is another good one..hugs.

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I don't think I could of worked if he was close to me. LOL :)

    I left you a comment 3x yesterday and blogger ate them. It is funny cause I mentioned Apolo in them.

    I got your back sweetie. :)

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    and he sat and talked with you.....oh la la.....that makes for a great day at work!!!!! Glad the day went better.

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    Did Apollo retire from competitve skating?? You like Chad Hedrick?

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    I think you are smart if give it a year. I also agree you should not stay if you are not happy but it always takes time to figure out what you need to do and if you will like it so, you have a good head on your shoulders, girl!

    And the computer guy is a nice benfit...maybe you could unplig thee printer every once in awhile so he has to show up.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Nea--You're right. I have to say, I'm a quitter when it comes to things that I KNOW just aren't working. I hear you.

    Chana-- I know what stress can do physicall, I've been there with previous jobs and school especially. Thanks for your comments.

    MD-- Thanks for having my back! I'd give you an application if it was worth it! I think you have a much better gig, trust me.

    BG--hee, I was really having a little difficulty not swooning. LOL

    Mimi--Way brightened!

    Catch--Yep, just chatting and in my head I'm all giggly and all APOLO! lol.

    HDD-- Well, if he worked there everyday, I'd have a much better reason. He is a sweetie!

    Lori-- I agree, I'll for a year, but I will get out if it gets worse and worse every day, it's not worth it.

    Cherish-- He's hidden under my desk where I can pet him when I feel like it. LOL! Okay, seriously, he's in the closet. ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1