Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Weekend Warrior
Well, I'm not really a weekend warrior, I just put that as a post title because I couldn't wait for the weekend. Catch asked me how my first week went at work. Well, Thursday was hell. Do you know I actually cried in the bathroom? The reason was I was all set to try and get some work out of the way, on account as I'm still learning, going pretty slow and don't know what I'm doing sometimes.

So the office manager comes up and points out like 5 other memo's that are backlogged and should have been done last week and that I should email the attorney's and get them from them. I just felt so overwhelmed and stressed, and I broke down. I just didn't like the feeling of being behind before I even got started especially when I still have to ask for help and am going sort of slow.

I will tell you one thing, word traveled fast in the circle of ladies that I see a lot because everyone was asking me how things were going and encouraging me to do one thing at a time and not stress. I'm thinking, how did everyone know I was teary and falling apart when one person saw me? But at least those women won't tell everyone, they will keep it among themselves. Still, I was a little taken aback by everyone stopping by.

The bright spot was the attorney's told me I wouldn't be doing those memo's; most didn't know what I was talking about.

On Friday me and two co-workers went to Panda Express. That was nice. I was SO ready for the weekend.


My dial-up is so slow, I'll have to check out some of you guys later. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 5:23 PM  
9 commentst:
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger Dr.John said…

    Well you survived the first week and that in itself is a plus. Dealing with lawyers can't be easy but hang in there.

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Charlene Amsden said…

    Mr. Fabulous just cracked me up. It sounds like you have the right kind of friends both at work and here.

    Learning a new job is already stressful enough without coming in behind because nobody was covering the bases before you got there. The first week is always the hardest. Soon you'll be doing it so well they'll wonder how they ever got along without you.

    I am part of the Dr. John crowd, so be prepared for lots of well-wishes today.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What is Panda Express?

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Dr. John must have sent us to you for encouragement. There is nothing worse than starting a new job!! I feel for you! Hang in there, it will get better.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    WE are here for you. Just hang in there and know that you have lots of people cheering you on.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    sorry you felt overwhelmed. sometimes the release of the stress and tension through tears is just what we needed though. i find it works for me. i think you are doing an amazing job. you were thrown into a totally new scene with so little help..i'm glad that they are looking out for you. glad you went out and had a laugh..hope your wknd went well and were able to relax. take care. have a good day today. you are doing great girl.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    Like I said hang in there I see you being a pro in no time! :)

    Panda Express is soooo good

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    Im sorry you cried in the bathroom.....sounds like something I might do. Its just all the stress you are under right now....you are going to get better and better at this job I promise...just give yourself some time. I am sending you some happy wishes for this week, the most they could do is fire you.....so if you look at it like that, its not so bad...I mean..that is the "most" they can do to you. And sweety..you havent lived till you been fired! lol

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hi GG!! I am dropping by to see how you are doing this week?? Sending you lot's of good vibes up to ya sweetie.
    xoxoxoxo

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1