Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Another Hellish Day
Well, today was another day in hell. First, I messed up all the time. Seriously, it was all fucked up, with mounds of mistakes, some of it was missing. I do not know how it got that messed up. She had to get three different people, including me to help fix the mess and I'm still not done, I have to fix the rest tommorow.

I don't know what to do. I want to leave, but I also don't want to leave so soon. I haven't even been there a month, but I feel so burnt out already, I feel like I've been there months or years. Everyone tells me 'It will get better" and "Just do the most important thing first." (Trials)

I understand that, but it's not helping. On some days I feel like I don't care about going in there and telling her I'm giving my notice, and on other days I feel like I should stick it out a little longer, just because I pretty much just started.

I'm so stressed and overwhealmed. I feel my attitude and mood changing. I don't mind working, and I don't want it too seem like I'm the only person in the world who has a lot of work to do, but not only do I not think I'm the type of person for this job, but I blame them too. It is just too much for one person.

To get 3-5 status memo's (3-8 pages each) a day, plus doing time for 3 attorney's and 10 other things and being new enough that I'm still making mistakes, how do I get it all done?

Even worse is that I have to keep stopping to ask questions because something's wrong, or not right, or whatever. ARRRRGH!

I know I'm whining, but I really think that today offically re-starts my job search.

Also, I love reading your comments, they make me feel so much better. I have to say that it is a shame that I was willing to bring work home and work in it. I can't figure out how to do it anyway, and they're on Window's and I'm on a Mac, not to mention I didn't know how I'd get into their files and whatnot. I realized it wouldn't work anyway.

But you know, I was so desperate to catch up that I really was willing to do it at home and not get paid, anything to get some of the work out of the way. I didn't want to stay too long after 5pm because she doesn't want me to (doesn't want to pay overtime) though she would have too, but I know she'd say something if I started staying late.

When I'm still working at 5pm everyone is all, 'Girl, go home, it's time to go' I wish I could say, 'Well, whatever doesn't get done by 5pm waits until tommorow' but I can't feel like that because I know tommorow they'll be more on top of that and when do I catch up? It's easy for them to say not to worry about it.

I wish I could talk to her about the workload, but that's in the job description (which I didn' t know when hired). They won't change that.

I think I'll just look for something else and just leave when I find something.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 5:31 PM  
9 commentst:
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger L said…

    OH Gunngirl it sounds like to much stress its not worth it, I feel for you heres some hugs to make you feel better.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i'm sorry to hear you so darn stressed out. that is no good for anyone. maybe you looking for something else on the side will be the perfect solution. that way you are looking for something to go to and in itself that will make things more hopeful. i don't know if you pray, but if you do, ask for guidance in this too...

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    hi. it's me again, this time sent from Dr. John's. i hope today is going well at work.

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said…

    I think you need a big break after all this stress,.
    Just passing by to say hello from Dr. John.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    Dr John sent me...GG...you have got to get out of that place....it is putting way too much stress on you and that damn job is not worth your health! I bet they have had quite a turn over with that job b/c it is just too much work for 1 person! Dont walk to look for another job....RUN! lol.....huggs to ya Sweety...

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Any and all jobs stress me out. I want to be Queen of a place or something so I don't have to worry about such things.

    Dr. John Marathoning' This afternoon and saying hello. -Margie

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    oooooh GG the stress like that is not healthy for you. I am thinking of you.

    I left you a comment this morning but blogger ate it. I am not for sure what I wrote but it was something like you need to picture Apolo kissing you and him telling you are the love of his life.

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    here from Dr. JOhn...I always give a new job six months before I decide whether it is worth to stay or not.

    I feel for you....

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    Oh, gunngirl, GET OUT OF THERE! Nothing is worth it if you start changing. When you are miserable, getting out of bed is worthless. I know. I was there not even a year ago. I'm not sure I couold take going back, so you are way stronger than me to have even coped. Start job hunting & keep us updated, OK?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1