Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, August 12, 2006
10 Items or Longer and other stuff
I was in Whole Foods today and had only 2 bottles of water, so I decide to get in the 10 items or less line because the people in the other lines had a lot of stuff. Um, why did it take me 15 FREAKIN' MINUTES when the people in front of me had less than 10 items? I stood there watching the other lines going faster, and this lady in one line I would have been in was at the register and leaving and I was still in line....WITH 2 STINKIN' BOTTLES OF WATER! Sheesh!

Today I also totally forgot I had a blog, I was so busy worrying about my job. I forgot to come to my online support system. How's it going you ask? Well, Friday was better, much better. There is a lot of data entry and I have a lot to do on Monday, but you know what? I'm just gonna do it as fast as I can, rushing never gets you anything but mistakes, which I can't afford. Ever.

I know they wish they had one of those I, Robot robots there to work like a slave, but they don't, they have me, and I can't do it as fast as they want, at least not yet and I have to learn to just let it go that I can't do what they want right now, I'm still adjusting.

I know they're a cheap ass firm, but they really do need two Receptionist, why load one with all that damn confusing work? Friday I answered the phones while she did the data entry, that's the way it's supposed to work so twice the work can get done. They're so stupid and backward. I've resigned myself to a year (If I make it) then I'm outta there. Just long enough to get some more experience and fatten my resume. They don't pay enough for the continued headache.

Oh, and a Legal Secretary gave her 2 weeks notice on Friday. That's why the Office Manager is freaking out, no one wants to stay. I went into her office to tell her something and she asked me 'How's it going? Does this seem like a job you'd wanna stay in?' WTF? What was I gonna say ? "I don't know, I'll let you know by Friday if I'm gonna stay or not? or how about "Hell now, this shitty job, but it's all I got so yeah, I'll stick it out for a while and let you know." Idiot.

I bought myself the first season of Roswell today. It was a treat to myself. I think you should always treat yourself.

I hope I do okay on Monday. I'll let you know on Tuesday.

You guys are great.


QUOTE OF THE WEEK: (From Mimi)

"Good co workers really make a difference. And we women are like tea bags. You dont know hot strong we are until you put us in how water! You can do it!:)"
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:45 PM  
8 commentst:
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    Don't you wish you could win the lottery & never worry about any of life's not-so-little problems again? Need water? Rind a bell! Need to pay bills? Automatic bill payers are great! But only if you have the money in the account, damn it.
    Some day, we will look back on this period in our lives and laugh, right?

     
  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Diva--With the way you get around, you'd never be compared to a wrinkly old bag, I bet your bodies tighter than a rich mans fist. Right? LOL

    Steph--I WANT to be able to look back one day and laugh. But what I really want is to be looking back in a year to when I started this stupid job and to the 2 weeks notice I'd be giving them. Yes, If I could fast forward a year, I would.

    And the 'all money' thing? Sweet! Sometimes I fear I'm gonna be a professional job looker. lol

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Mr. Fab--My mom goes 'well, you wanted a job, you got one' That didn't help. Oh, and yeah, I landed in the middle of a great big wad of it. And it ain't pretty.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Diva--lol, oh and I realized I spelled 'bodies' wrong, it should have been 'body's' but anyway, who's correcting, right? heh, I thought you'd like that one.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    My pet peeve is waiting in line to buy something. I am here to spend money but I have to wait......errrrrghhhh!!!

    Man, I hope your job settles down....good luck.

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    I never got into roswell, but the 8th season of the simpsons comes out this week and you better bet I buying that! I am also counting the days, don't laugh, til 90210 comes out in Nov!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    that quote from Mimi is awesome..never heard it and i love it..

    glad friday went better...you will see it will just keep on improving.

    before you realize it, you will go through a hold day without feeling scared..you will soon have all the confidence in the world hon..

    good luck today...

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    Good luck hon, at least things are going a little better. You need to give yourself more time....you are still learning. I dont know why they dont pay a decent wage....it would certainly give people more of a reason to stick it out with that job.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1