Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Day 1
Today was my first day. Ask me if I like it. Go ahead....


NO!!!!!!


Here's the thing: It's at a law firm, and until I was able to finish my health care classes I expected to just work the switchboard here as some fairly easy work. WRONG! First, it's just not working the switchboard, which would have been just fine with me, but it's doing these status report and time sheets for the attorney's and I don't know what the hell I'm doing. At. All.

The girl I'm replacing is going to be there until Friday, and she's showing and helping me but I still won't be ready when she leaves. I feel a little depressed, I don't like being in a professional environment and not knowing what the hell I'm doing, especially when you're tossed out on the frontline and expected to just pick it up and roll with it. I HATE it more than anything, I don't like being just clueless or needing to take a long time to get something.

This is a job for 2 people, there's a lot of work (and to be paid much more I might add). Just let me put it this way, if another job called me today, I'd be telling them goodbye tommorow.

That being said, I am still going to try and stick it out until I, once again, move on. I really can't afford to just up and quit like I'm used to doing, lol.

I know that like everything once you do it enough you get it, but there is too much to master in three days, and again I don't like being the go to person when the only answer I have is 'I don't know'. Ugh!

Send me good energy guys, I need it. And I need my blog to vent and complain, so beware.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 9:02 PM  
7 commentst:
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    vent, in a blog? lol...honey that is why they were invented. vent all you need, we are here and if that is what we can do to help you get through anything,,gilr, we are so here..

    sorry that you are totally overwhealmed. i can understand what you are saying about 3 days to learn so much...i would be scared and stress too. but hey, if anyone can do it, you can. give yourself a chance for you can do it..now give it a couple of months and then go back to your superior and then tell them, hey i have done a good job even though i had only 3 days of training..not cool...and the job is for two...(ask the girl you are replacing why she is leaving..is it's over worked and underpaid, you got leverage), talk to them firmly but calm and so nice and say then, that you need to be paid more to live on..if a job being super stressful or enough for 2, you should be getting a lot more paid,blah, blah you know..but give it at least a couple of months and show them..i'm sure they will give you a raise, they don't want to loose and take the chance of another person when they got good in you..

    good luck tomorrow hon..you can do it, you will do it..

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Lots of good energy vibes coming up your way.
    Vent away GG if need be.
    xoxoxo

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Phats said…

    You'll be fine!! You just need sometime they aren't going to expect you to be perfect off the bat! Just think what would buffy do haha :)

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    GG I would be very surprised if your bosses actually expect you to pick everything up in 3 days so don't be worrying yourself about it, k?
    There are people going around who have done their jobs for many many years and are still doing a half-ass job at it so stick it out a little longer. You are correct when you say that the more times you do something the easier it becomes - just keep telling yourself that :)

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I didn't read what Phats said above me but he is absolutely right!

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    Phats is right hon....give yourself some time. Everything is new to you and of course its a little overwhelming....and hey! its Friday! your off tomorrow!

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Blogger Oun said…

    What if all the people of this world could share just one day of peace?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1