Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
She works hard for the money
I start my first day of work tommorow (bites nails) but it's a good excited. I don't think I will feel nervous because I'm already hired, it's not like an interview and you HOPE they pick you, I've already been picked, and as Mr. Fab put it, it does feel good to win once in a while.

The dress is business casual, which is fine with me because I don't have fifty suits and stockings and heels to wear. It's in a nice area downtown, in a nice building, 10th floor, and won't take me too long to get there. I think it will be good times. lol. Much better than this crappy box office job I had a while ago, I think you all remember that one--the one I quit after 2 weeks. Heh.

I have to be there at 9am tommorow and she asked me if I had any questions I can call her or tell her tommorow. My sister told me to ask if tommorow is a full day, but I don't want to seem like I'm trying to get right back out the door. I want to ask something but I can't think of anything to ask.

She told me to pick either an HMO or PPO, I guess I'll go with HMO. Does anyone have any questions I should ask? Should I ask about holidays and stuff, like if we have to work and Christmas vacation? That just sounds like I can't wait to take time off doesn't it?

If you have any, let me know.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 1:27 PM  
6 commentst:
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    Ask if you're allowed to blog at work? haha JK!! :)

    I would totally ask about holidays what not, I am assuming you have covered salary a benefits.

    I am so excited for you! I go back to work the 16th :( summer went by too fast

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    I am soo excited and happy for you. Good luck and knock em dead, well not to dead you want your paycheck. LOL :)

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! Good luck tomorrow!

    And some questions that might come up - are breaks/lunch scheduled? What are the time limits? 15 minutes? 30 minutes? 45 minutes? An hour?

    When will you get your 1st pay check and how regularly after that.

    Where are the basics - like the bathrooms, kitchen area, and are there any special rules you need to be aware of. Like does everyone have to take a turn buying (fill in the blank)?

    Any words of advice so that you can blend in with little to no friction with your co-workers. That can get you some "interesting" feedback, but some really good tips on what to do & what not to do.

    Hope these help!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    well i'm super excited for you too..if you are not overly tired, let us know how it went.

    i don't think that asking regarding benefits, breaks, lunches and vacation is wrong..just like they needed to ask you a question or twenty you, have to find out things too..so ask and know you belong there and will fit right in..

    after all, they hired you for they think you are a great addition to their place..

    remember, you belong there, for as long as you want.

    Go girl!

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hoping everything went very well for you today during your first day :)

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    I am so excited for you!!! You dont have to ask those kind of questions tomorrow if it makes you feel uncomfortable.......Im sure you can ask somebody you work with about company policy on holidays and things like that! Enjoy yourself and have a good 1st day at work!!!!! God bless.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1