Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Finally!


I want to draw your attention over to my avatar ------> and the fact that she's dressed in work clothes, because:

I GOT A JOB!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Can you tell I'm excited!?! It's at a law firm, and while that may not have been the direction I was headed, I'm grateful until I make the next step after that. You guys know how I've toiled and toiled in my job search and how I tried different things, finished college late, and even tried volunteer work, but now I finally got hired.

You don't know how elated I was when she called me, the exact same day, that evening, and offered me the job. I left the interview feeling conflicted because while she said she liked me I definetly fumbled and botched two crucial questions, one being 'Why should I hire you over another candidate?' I fucked that answer up! I sat there babbling and thought, 'it's over. I said nothing memorable' It's like I couldn't think. Sigh. I need to send that lady flowers. LOL, if she took pity, I'm happy.

The other kicker? It's been like 400 degrees here, as you know, but it did cool down considerably; however, I have one really nice suit but I'm sick of it. But you know how it is when you don't have money for tons of suits, and you get one "interview" suit and have to use it? Well, I'm sick of the suit and I didn't want to wear it. I tried skirts and blouses, but ultimately just decided to wear the damn suit.

Well, she points out that she was impressed that I came 'dressed appropriately' because most people don't. (!) The reason I decided to go ahead and wear it was because it was for a better job (a real job) than some of the others I've been too, and I knew that it was better to wear the suit than not. I guess it paid off.

That happened Friday and I'm happy to say I had a FABULOUS weekend, obviously. ((grins))

I want to thank each member of my Scooby Gang for giving me well wishes and encouragment during my job searches. I appreciated the good lucks and such. It was nice knowing you guys were sending good mental thoughts my way. Thanks!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I know I did. ;)
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:01 PM  
9 commentst:
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger L said…

    Let me be the first to say CONGRATS!

    Go get 'em, knock 'rem dead and all that other good stuff.

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!!

    Just what is this fabulous - even if temporary - new job?

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    Woo-Hoo!!! Congratulations all around...of course she did not take pity on you silly. She saw a good thing and she went for it-YOU! I'm truly delighted. I'm sure you answered everything just right. You probably were just being hard on yourself because of nerves...and i'm sure you look so beautiful in the suit..elegant and professional. congratulations again. enjoy the new adventure. believe in yourself. you deserve to be there.

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Yeah!!!! I am doing a happy dance for you!!! Congrats!!! I am soo happy for you GG!! :)

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Lori--Thankyou! I'm gonna do my best

    EH--I had to keep in mind it's Entry Level, but I prepare legal briefs and folders and other court documents for the lawyers, and I also help with switchboard. I don't care, sounds good to me.

    Chana--Wow, thanks for the kind words. I felt so good reading them. I was happy when she interrupted me to say she liked the way I talked and that I was very professional. Yea!

    Mimi--Thank you! I did work hard and I am going to do my best to impress. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about with that suit. Ugh, now I can get a new one. lol

    BG-- I'm doing the happy dance with you too. Thanks

    HDD--Gunny Bunny, hehe, Thanks! I usually change my avatar with my posts. But I like updating her. Thanks again. You rock.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh well done GG!!!! I'm really happy for you right now. Good things always come to good people. Today a law firm, tomorrow a law firm, errrrr I meant - tomorrow the world, muahahahaha,

    Hehehehe :D

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    Congratulations Sweety!!! Way to go!!! I am so happy for you!! Good luck!!!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    WOOHOO!!
    Congrats!! I am very very happy for you, dress to impress sounds like it paid off as well. Good Going Gunn!

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Cinderella said…

    A job?? Yayyyy!! Congrats girl!! Your avatar looks snazzy!!

    I am very happy for you!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1