Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
Memories, like the corners of my mind
Every now and then I think about this moment when I was a kid. I remember being in bed and hearing something at our back door. I got up and peeked around the corner and I SWEAR I saw a pair of eyes peeking into our window. I remember shining a flashlight there and seeing the glow of the eyes. (I hope the eyes were attached to a person and not just floating. Ha! But I digress)

Anyway, I remember being freaked out, I woke my mom who went and looked and found nothing and no one. I just keep thinking was I seeing things? I wonder where those images came from if I was seeing things.

It's just something from my unresolved childhood. If you bet me a million dollars I'd say I saw someone looking into our window. I always say to myself if it didn't happen then why would I have such vivid recollections of waking up my mom, the flashlight, etc. I don't know. Creepy.

In other news, I totally forgot to vote for my people on So you Think You Can Dance? We had a crazy, wicked storm and I think it was making our TV act crazy. Anyway, I think I got all involved in the storm and the tree branches that were breaking and falling down on our block, that I forgot. I totally would have voted for Benji and Donyelle. I like Travis too, but I'm getting kinda tired of his spins. He spins like a top, but he needs other moves.

I have a sick feeling that Ivan and Donyelle will get the boot. We'll see!

Happy Thursday everyone!

P.S. It cooled down here! I can't believe it. I even wore a long sleeved shirt today and didn't regret it. Ahhh, a break in the heat. I hope it cooled down for some of you too.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:03 PM  
6 commentst:
  • At 6:03 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    It is supposed to cool down here but I don't think it has yet. A great night of rain will sure help. -Margie

     
  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Neoma said…

    I have strange recollections of things from my childhood also, things no one could have told me, things that only I remember. And when you are an adult, you think were they real? Or just my imagination. I can see why kids would get confused about things that happen to them as a child.....

    I am addicted to Project Runway, and I have missed the last two episodes, bums me out, but they will repeat them, they alwasy do....but I like to see them the first time.

    So you are a Buffy fan. My husband and I were also, we watched every show......I think he thought she was the cats whiskers......I thought she was cute also. I don't think it is on here on our cable, I haven't seen it in years.

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    honey that made me all scared...i'm such a chicken and that was spooky..i don't understand how these things go but i do believe you imagen nothing..
    i hope you never experience something that scary again..yikes..
    sorry about the storm..i get scared of them..last year my house was one of them that flooded big time..i lost my whole basement with a living room and my sons bedroom. now it's full of mold and i'm still to get it all worked out...and i'm also terrified of lightning and thunder..yeap, i'm a chicken..
    it's cooled down enough that i can handle it fine..i'm so glad...i can wear my sandals and summer clothe and still breath..lol...

    hope you have a good evening..read you soon..:)

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Margie--We had some hard rain and I think that's what helped it cool off. Yea!

    Nea--I see why kids get confused too. There was a woman in a class I had that said she remembers being sung too as a baby, but I think people telling her that has her confused with what she actually remembers and what someone told her happened.

    I like PR too, I saw my first ep a couple week ago, I never thought I'd want to see more. lol Oh, and TOTAL Buffy they don't run the reruns here anymore either, but I have my lovely DVDs.

    Chana-- LOL, I hope it was nothing. When I was younger i didn't like the thunder, but I don't really get scared now, but I don't like lightning when it flashes really close. Lightning can destroy so much so fast, it's scary.

    Sorry about your basement. I hate to hear stories like that because there's little you can recover from floods with the mold and all. That would make me scared of fixing up our basement to live in, for now it's really a...basement.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Ivan and Natalie was voted off. I voted for all of them. I am afraid Donyelle is going next I really like her.

    I remember once waking up and seeing red eyes outside our bedroom window. I had to be about 7 or 8. I ducked under the cover and stayed there.

    Send me some of your cool air. :)

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Phats said…

    That story is a tad creepy! haha :)

    I voted for SYTYCD!! i voted for Donyelle and Travis. I loved Natalie mostly cuz I thougth she was cute and wanted to date her, but she had to go. I was glad Ivan went. I think i am one of the few NOT rooting for Benji, he will win though i will be shocked if he doesn't

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1