Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Beat the Heat!

It is still about 300 degrees here. I could never live somewhere where the weather never changes. Arizona? L.A.? God, I may hate slush and slippery sidewalks, but I can't take this heat all year. I'd hang myself.

I was forced to go to the grocery store and get something to cool me down. I think everyone else thought the same thing because people were there buying pop like someone had a gun on them to do so. LOL I got some Strawberry Shortcake ice cream and some Vanilla to make me a sundae. Ahhh, I feel better already. We broke down a bought an air conditioner. It doesn't cool off the whole house, it's not big or strong enough, but a little reprieve is all I ask for.

Air Conditioning? We salute you.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:23 PM  
15 commentst:
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    i'm so glad that you have an a/c...even if it just does the one room, now you got a room to hide in :) ..

    it's cool down where i live enough that it doesn't feel like we are being cooked alive. but you never know when things change here.

    and here too, we have the blessing of the 4 seasons..of course it feels like the colder one is the longest...

    i hope you are alright. enjoy your yummy ice cream. it looks delicious.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    OH MY GOD! That ice cream looks absolutely, to borrow a phrase from willy wonka, Scrumdittilyumptious! you gonna share :)

     
  • At 6:57 AM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    send here by Dr. John, lol...the ice cream still looks yummy...want to share? :)

     
  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    yummm yummmmm!!! I got a spoon all ready!! LOL :)

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    the ice cream looks sooo good!!!! and a/c certainly helps even if you have to sit in front of it...lol

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    oooops..dr john sent me...but I would have came anyway...lol

     
  • At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    I have eaten more ice cream this past week than I have in the past five years! Sent by Dr. John....

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    OMG I don't believe this. I did a post today about a food container/pot and then I come here and you have a pic of a food container/pot as well LOL!!

    Do you still have some of the ice-cream left?? :)

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger B.R.L said…

    Hi cool nice blog From Dr.johns Crazy Object b.

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    That ice cream even looks nice and cold! We looked for an air conditioner last night- called all the Wal-mart within 60 miles of us and there are none to be had- they go out the door as fast as they're off the trucks. Dr. John sent me.

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Margaret said…

    Yum I didn't know they made that in Eclair flavor! If I didnt' just lay my daughter down for a nap I'd run to the store right now! Sent here via Dr John. Hope it cools down some. -Margie

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Bella said…

    I don't know what I would do without our AC. We live in CA and we need it during the summers. If we didn't have it, I wouldn't be able to visit all these blogs from Dr. John's site. I would probably die from the heat as well.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Chana--LOL, at the room to hide in. Yes, when it become unberable, there I go!

    Shannon--I discovered Strawberry Cheesecake too and that is even better.

    Mimi--I love the strawberry bars too, they're usually buy one get one free. Which is bad when I don't even need one. Twice the calories. heh

    Phats--Yes, that pic got me. The carton still looks frosty. You can have as much as you want!

    Mr. Fab--LOL, yes, that's very gruesome, though on the Sopranos they brought it back.

    MD--Our winters aren't nearly as brutal as they were 10, 15 years ago. Snow up to our waist, slush, cold. Sometimes we barely get snow in Dec. now. Chicago ain't like it used to be, though we can still freeze your ass off. lol

    Catch--You're right, I discovered that a couple of days ago. It feels good.

    Lori's Minute--LOL, the ice cream manafactures rub their hands greedily.

    Doll--Thanks

    Cindy--I believe it. I remember the freezers at the store were empty, I can't believe some of the shelves were just empty. I can imagine it's the same with A/C's

    Margaret-- It really is good, and if you're not in the mood for plain strawberry, this is a better twist.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Gingers Mom said…

    I hear ya. It is so hot. I want nothing more than for it to be COLD outside so I can wear jeans and a sweater!
    Dr. John sent me

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Neoma said…

    Oh, wish I had some. It was almost 100 here today. I bought some sherbert....but I would rather have Strawberry Shortcake.

    I have NEVER in my life been so grateful for air conditioning as I have this summer. It has been extremely hot here in Georgia. I lived on the coast of Calif, never got more than 80.....what a difference.

    Dr. John marathon sent me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1