Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
The Hitchcock Hour
I want to say that I still plan on posting a little blog post on Mimi and Phat's blogs as they were the winners of my trivia contest.. I'm working on it. It's been crazy hot here and I've been crazy lazy. :)

I get obsessed about things a lot and usually can't let them go, case in point Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I want to be buried with my DVD's. Too much information? Sorry. Anyway, I've been searching for this episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents or The Alfred Hitchcock Hour for I don't know how long; years probably. There was this episode that, I can honestly say, creeped me out so much that I'm still thinking about it so many years later as an adult.

I didn't know what the name of the ep was, all I knew was that it was in black and white so I knew it was somehere in the realm of Twilight Zone/Hitchcock. I took to the internet and some time later a guy was able to give me a title, "Where the Woodbine Twineth" I still wasn't sure that was it, but now after asking around again, I think it is. But this dogone episode is from the 60's and Netflix only has the first season (this ep is third season). I'm going to keep searching for VHS.

I'm going to tell you the part that creeped me out and the only part I remember. I remember there was a little white girl and she was living with some rich Aunt or something and someone bought her this lifesize doll that was a big as she was. The doll was black. The doll was coming to life when no adults were around, and I remember the girl was out in the yard playing with it and her uncle (?) was inside and heard two girls giggling and then we see a shot of the dolls dress skipping and playing as they play ring-around-the-rosy. Aaaaack! For some reason that scared the crap out of me.

Maybe because I had plenty of dolls as a kid, or because my sister would rearrange my little dolls and told me they came to life when I went to bed (yes I believed her, okay!? Stop laughing!) Ahem, the story has some voodoo/creole element that I don't remember, but a few people have assured me that's the ep. Well, one obsession down, 100 to go. lol
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:00 PM  
0 commentst:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1