Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Get ready to Jump...21 Jump Street!

I've been on an 80's fix for the past few days and have watched the entire season of 21 Jump Street's Third Season. This show also includes hot and talented Johnny Depp, who, incidently, hated the show and left after 4 season. He hated being seen as a 'teen heartthrob' but the show made him a star and he was the reason to watch.

I was and still am a huge fan of this series. I can't believe it's on DVD. I never thought I'd see the day. I'm sure you all know what show I'm talking about, but in a nutshell it was about undercover cops (Narcs, as they were also called) who went into high schools, clubs, the streets, whatever to bust kids for drugs, murder, etc.

The Jump Street Program used young cops, 2 or 3 years out of the academy, that looked like teens so they were easy to use in high school or early college situations.

In watching this season I realized that it was the third season when the show hit its stride. With some of the best episodes of the series, including the introduction of Dennis Booker (Richard Grieco) this show kicked ass for its day.

Stories about abortion, rape, racisim, and molestation wouldn't raise an eyebrow on TV today, but when we didn't really see that stuff on TV, JS did it and did it well, in some very good episodes. One especially called "Blinded By the Thousand Points of Light" The gang goes undercover on the streets to find this man who is killing homeless teen hustlers. Great writing, good acting and just an overall good story, and best of all it didn't end in a neat bow like most of the stories, which made it more real and dramatic.

Also, I forgot how ultra hot the new cop Booker (Grieco) was. I mean, he was too hot for TV and had a body that made you melt. He wasn't shirtless nearly enough. In one ep he was shirtless and wet! Ladies, prepare to swoon. I can't get a pic of him to upload, but here's one just so you can see what he looks like. Yummy!

As I was saying, this season, to me, defined the series as something other than some teen drama. It was racy, intelligent, and thought provoking, even as most of the cast were refining their acting chops on screen. Even Johnny was sharp but not deadly, but he was certainly the brightest of the bunch.

I just had to blab, watching this show took me back. WAAAAAY back! LOL

I'm recomending the series, but I think if you're so inclinded to check it out, the Third Season is the way to go.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 3:44 PM  
1 commentst:
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Mimi--we would SO be best friends. Yes I remember Rags to Riches. I loved that show! I remember (so lame) taping the songs from the TV on a tape recorder. I remember that song you mentioned. I thought all the songs were cute and so were the clothes, I remember wanting to dress like them.

    I remember a teen Sat. morning show called Hull High where they broke out and danced and sang too. hee

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1