Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, May 25, 2006
So long, Farewell

You know I've been keeping up with my sweetie Apolo, and reading pretty much any article I've found on him. But I learned recently that he's 99.99999 percent positive that he's not going to return to the Olympics in 2010.

Sad am I? Certainly. I feel pretty depressed about it, but I still think I might go to the Olympics anyway, though I don't feel nearly as excited about it as I once did. I said I would go despite his decision because I already knew he wasn't going to go. I'm sure he would have said by now if he was going to. But I understand. I mean, he accomplished everything he wanted too, he's still young and I know he wants to do a lot more while he's still young, finish school, do movies, hang out, enjoy his money (heh), etc. I can't blame him. But I'm such a big fan it's hard to not feel it emotionally.

Oh well. What can you do? :(

(My avatar reflects where I would liked to have been, waiting in front of the stadium where Apolo would have been skating.)
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 1:31 AM  
7 commentst:
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    ooh I hate hearing that. You still should go. It would be such a thrill to see the Olympics in person.
    Extra big huggiez to ya.

    p.s.
    Luv your avatar!

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Auf wiedersehen, goodbye.

    I heart the Sound of Music. :)

    I'm sure that Apolo would go to the Olympics to cheer on his former teammates. If you're get lucky, maybe you'll get to sit near him.

    EH

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    BG--Yeah, I think I will.

    EH--LOL, I was going to add the Auf wiedersehen but I was too lazy to get the spelling.

    It would be if I spotted him. TOO awesome

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Proper spelling of 'auf wiedersehen' brought to you by 4 years of German.

    EH

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Is he a figure skater?
    Ummmm I think your olympic year is the wrong way around, but no biggie :)
    I like the new avatar. Your avatars are always pretty neat!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    EH--4 years of German? color me impressed. I'm studying Japanese on my own. I don't think it's gonna work. lol

    Gareth--NOOOOOO! LOL, he's not a figure skater. Don't let him hear you say that. Good grief. a Short Track Speedskater (in case you were serious) He's basically the best ST the US has seen, at least in a long time.

    HDD-- He'll definetly be there as a spectator. Funny, that I know some people who ran into some of the athletes around the olympic village, and other places around the buildings. Maybe, though I think it would have been more of a chance if he were an athlete.
    *sniff*

    Thanks though!

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hahahaha whoops :p

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1