Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, May 14, 2006
Love to Mom and the letter B
First, I want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! to all the moms who visit me. I meant to post this earlier, seeing as how Mothers day is pretty much over. Still, I wanted to give a shout out to all the loving, hardworking moms, including my own. *hugs!*

Now, this post is also brought to you by the letter "B" courtesy of Rich girl, poor girl who had this game where you get assigned a letter and had to write ten things starting with that letter and explain what it means to you. Lucky me I got B. Here's my list:

1.Buffy the Vampire Slayer-- This was the first TV show that touched me so emotionally. I felt like I could relate to the characters (before they went all gay, and powerful and bitchy and demonic) Buffy got me through each week. I counted on Tuesdays to get me through to the next Tuesday. I loved everything about the characters, the stories, the problems. I was so invested in this show. Once, my tape stopped in the middle of a new episode; I cried. It was pretty undervalued by many, thus becoming a cult fav. It was a lot deeper and darker than people may realize. I think it's an important part of pop culture, too. I seriously will love this show forever.

2.Beautiful-- I really do think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I'm not gonna wax too poetic about this one. Save to say what one person thinks is beautiful, another person may hurl at. And physical beauty is not all that counts. I'm guilty of only wanting a pretty package sometimes, but some of the more important things go a lot deeper than looks.

3.Barbie--After Little People this was my second favorite toy ever. I loved Barbie, I even had a Barbie wedding. A lesser known doll, Star, sang at her wedding courtsey of a some kid album we had at the time. The funny part? The song was called 'Keep on Tryin' Not the song you want to be sung at your wedding. LOL

4.Body Butter--great moisterizer for dry skin.

5.Blogging--I never thought I'd meet some really cool people blogging. I used to chat a lot time a long time ago (Buffy chat rooms of course) but it's not really the same thing. I don't know why some people try to put down blogging like it's only for geeks trolling the net for posts to masturbate too. I like blogging, I look forward to continuing for a little while longer.

6.Blue--it was the color of my Prom dress.

7.Big sister--Mine really does help me out and looks out for me. I don't know what I'd do without her.

8.Big, Bam, Boom--A hall and Oats album, the first one I ever bought with my own money.

9.Bon Jovi-- I loved Bon Jovi. I went to see them in concert in grammer school with a friend. I saw them again as an adult at the House of Blues. They still rocked.

10.Back in the day--what I say a lot about things I used to do or love. As in "Man, remember we used to do that back in the day?"


That's all the news that's fit to print.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:57 PM  
5 commentst:
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    how did i know that you would get the letter "b"?? too perfect. and you're killing me with the hall and oates! :) but i still do love me some bon jovi. (love you jon!)

    off the subject...i had to delete the blog due to some stalking issues. i'll still drop by from time-to-time. have to keep up on my fave chi-town girl :) good luck!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hi GG! oooo very cute avatar today.
    I luv what you wrote about beautiful.
    I used to do chat rooms too back in the day heehee but find blogging much more rewarding with less perverts trying to get you to send them your panties.

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh wow, I like this idea for a post!
    You spread butter on your body. Huh?! :p
    Yeah blogging took a bit of a nose dive with me a short while ago but I'm glad I kept perservering with it. I may not have met you otherwise. I'm thankful for that :)

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Your avatar pic looks as if you are about to play golf but you forgot to bring your golf clubs hehe.

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger paula said…

    Now, see... I'm interested in the news that ISN'T fit to print ;)

    Excellent list!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1