Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, May 07, 2006
look out from above

I saw a bald Eagle some months ago. Yes, a live bald Eagle. I was riding down the street in a car (I wasn't driving) and just looking out the window. We weren't far from my house and we were right by the expressway and there are trees that line the expressway. The trees were bare because it was cold and I saw one sitting on a tree branch.

Now, I wanted to do one of those cartoon eye rubs with both fists and look again but I know what I saw. The outline of an Eagles body; the way it sits, just like in this picture, didn't fool me. I was shocked to say the least.

I told my sister and she didn't believe me. Hmph! Anyway, a few weeks later my mom wanted to go to a couple Museums and since we hang out a lot anyway, I decided to go with her. We went to the Field Museum (by the way, the Most. Fun. Museum. Ever) Anyway, they have about a trillion taxidermy (taxidermal?) animals and they had Eagles, so I'm reading about them and lo and behold it lets me know that Eagles are prominent to Chicago and are very popular here and are making a huge comeback.

I wrote all that down and told my sister. I knew I wasn't crazy.

I also think our climate and other crazy ozone stuff is making some of the birds confused because we almost have seagulls in our backyard. Shouldn't they be by the ocean or beach or some large body of water? They're all over.

I feed them, by the way and they swoop like madmen. If you do feed seagulls you might wanna toss the food and run. LOL.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 1:08 AM  
5 commentst:
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Are you sure it wasn't a cardboard cut out of one? :p
    Someone could have stuck it to the branch for target practice!
    I love wildlife and I also like your avatar pic. Do you like going to concerts?

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Gareth--Hmmm, I don't think it was a cardboard cut out. I just wish I could have stopped the car and really looked, but I know what I saw, it was a doggone Eagle. I know their shape, that bird shape is unique.

    Oh, and love concerts. I don't go nearly enough. But I'm thinking about going to see Pearl Jam.

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hi GG! Eagles are so amazing when you see one. I seen 2 once when we lived in Missouri. I actually stopped the car in the middle of the road to view them. It was breath taking.

    My experience with gulls is throw the food and duck. lol

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    actually, when we lived in chicago there was a bald eagle that had a nest near my hubby's work....so you're not crazy, i'm sure.

    did i not tell you that the field museum is the BEST? it is so freakin interesting. it's my favorite of all the museums downtown.

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm adding you to my links. You are that darn good hehe.
    You changed your avatar again ... niiiice!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1