Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
One to go

I had two finals today. In my smoking class, I'm pretty much at a B. What was so bad was that the darn, durn, damn extra credit was worth 11 points. That's how many points I needed! And I didn't make it. But I'm just gonna let it go and enjoy my B. I have one final left tommorow. I think I'm getting a B there too. I'm ready for that class to end. *tired* I'm thinking about grad school so I wanted to end on a high note. I'd like a Masters in something, but I'll see if I make it.

Anyhoo, in my other class I'm pretty sure I got an A. The final had some iffy questions, I couldn't remember a lot of stuff but it was all multiple choice. Whew.

I don't know how many of you guys had an immigration march in your city, but according to the statistics I've seen we (Chicago) had the most people at over 400,000 marchers. We had more than even Los Angeles. My sister didn't even have to go to work. It was going to be too hectic downtown.

I'm not going to get into my opinion too much, I don't want to offend anyone. But it's not like I have bad thoughts or anything. The one gripe I have is that because of a lot more immigrants being here there is a lot more demand for Spanish speaking people, in jobs I mean. I'm looking for a job in healthcare, and they want Bi-Lingual speakers. I don't speak Spanish so it's hard sometimes to know I'm getting pushed out of a job because of that.

Even worse is that I can read it really well and can't really speak it. Argh! I'm gonna work on it over the summer. If anyone speaks Spanish, feel free to tell me things in Spanish. I can use the practice. LOL

Actually, I want to learn French and Japanese too. I guess I have my work cut for me.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:22 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 3:43 AM, Blogger L said…

    Gunngirl email me LACinFLA@cfl.rr.com I can help you a little bit with spanish, my bf is from Mexico and I know some but I have some stuff I can send you that will help, just like you I have a hard time speaking it but can read it.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    i am so in the same boat. when i try to speak spanish (i used to work in a major tourist mall), they giggle but appreciate the effort. my reading and writing of spanish is much better than my speaking.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1