Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, April 24, 2006
I'M FREE! Well, sort of
I did my presentations today. Both of them. *passes out with relief* Okay, I have to tell you about the first one, you remember, the one with the smoking and Joe Camel campaign. Ahem.

Well, I made this blog to use as my visual aid. I also made handouts. So, the man that was in my group is in his 60's. Yes, 60's. He pretty much said that he comes to school to get out of the house, etc. So, he's not technically savvy. No surprise.

But I printed out mounds of info on smoking in the media and teen smoking and I made my little part to say. I gave him info and thought he was going to have something to say. SOMETHING! Wrong! I actually thought he'd prepared something. This was a GROUP presentation. I mean, how do you come to a group presentation and not be prepared to say anything?

So, when we met this morning he goes 'well, if you feel confident that you have enough info and can take it yourself, go ahead. Not that I'm trying to weasel out of anything."

I don't think he's a bad guy or anything, but I did all the talking. He said nothing and even my prof. was waiting for him to say something. What made it so bad was that because I was the only one talking all eyes were on me. I wanted to show these old smoking commercials, but the labtop didn't have Real Player so they wouldn't play.

So, then I accidently closed the browser window and had to get back to the internet and get back to the blog, all this while I said nothing and was basically wracked with nerves. So, there's nothing but dead air while I'm fumbling around with everyone waiting, and waiting.

I felt like an idiot and the class looked bored as hell. Surprisingly, my teacher said I did good and seemed impressed with my blog.

Still, if he had been talking some that would have given me a chance to fumble without being the center of attention. I'm skeptical about how good I did. And yes, I say I because it was I that did everything. I wonder how we're gonna be graded on this.

There's still about a week and a half of school left. Can you believe I'm down to a week and a half? After all that complaining I've been doing? LOL

*Whew* I'm so glad those presentations are over. You have no idea. I can sleep soundly tonight. I didn't even get to blog stalk over the past couple days. So, here I come. ;)
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 9:40 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Excellent presentation GG!! Many kudos to you.
    WOW you don't have much school left.
    What are your summer plans?

    p.s.
    checked out your blog on the smoking. Excellent work!

     
  • At 9:37 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    BG--Thanks! I think I'm going to take another course at another university and/or do some volunteer work at a hospital.

    Sherry--Thanks!

    HDD--I hate them too. Will not miss it at all. Thanks, too. :)

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    why is there a person like that in every group project??? then, in order to get a grade that reflects YOUR hard work, you have to do their work as well. UGH. i hate hate hate group projects.

    nice job on the blog.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1