Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, April 23, 2006
It's the end of the world...in 100 years or so!
I watched this show on Global Warming today on, I think on the Discovery Channel, but I can't remember. The gist? We're screwed. It was a whole lot of information on the 'snow packs' and the changing weather and a lot about the atmosphere's pull on the ocean and this is why we're getting a lot of hurricanes. Though, they said we'd get those anyway.

But I so agree because I remember the winters we used to get here in Chicago. Bitter, crazy cold, and snow up to our chests. Now, we'd get a couple weeks of real cold, on and off again snow and Jan, and Feb with no snow! Crazy!

I'm worried about the Polar bears. They said that the ice is melting and they can't cross over the land to get to food. Damn global warming! I don't want kids in 75 years to have to check out a book to see a polar bear or hawk or sea lion or tiger. *grumble* My mother sends money to animal organizations and she gets SO MUCH stuff for contributions.

She tells me 'I got something in the mail today about saving the Elephants." She gets stuff about dogs, cats, giraffes, and horses to name a few. Man, there's too many animals that need our help. I want to save them all. *sniff*

In other news...

I've been getting emails from my 2010 Canadian Olympic newsletter. I'm still excited and still want to go. Must make that happen. *determined teeth grit*

Also, if you look to your right I added a few newbies to my blogroll. Speaking of blogroll, I'm gonna have to go back to that. The blogroll is convienient. Anyway, these are blogs worth checking out and who I'm proud to add to the Scooby Gang. Haven't sought new blogs in a while, I'm enjoying the new friends.

Take care guys. :D
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 12:13 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    have you noticed how the discovery channel seems to be on a kick of scaring the crap out of everyone? i keep seeing advertisements for "it could happen to you" and "the perfect conditions for..." about natural disasters. geesh, i want to be informed, but really. does everyone need to see all the what ifs? even the highly unlikely ones?

    p.s. thanks for the addition to the blogroll :)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    HDD--good idea about the Canadian friends. Interesting.

    Undr--LOL! Another good idea.

    Grody--you're right. And even worse, now we're having a water shortage AND the sun is gonna all give us skin cancer. WTF? I guess we all should find us a cave to dwell in.

    Mimi--Blogger is really giving me headaches too. It wouldn't let me post this morning.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1