Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Those crazy cowboys

I finally saw Brokeback Mountain and Crash. Sheesh, I should get to the movies more often. I really liked both of them. Crash was very good and I see why it won best picture. For so many stories they flowed together seamlessly. Well done.

As for Brokeback Mountain. Well, I think it was a bit overhyped. It was good and yes, there were gay cowboys. It was really a love story -- between two gay cowboys. I read the short story and they stuck to it for the most part, actually they were dead on in some respects. Still, I must say I was expecting some more in the sex department from the way people were going on.

Granted, there were, I would say, two pretty steamy sexual moments. I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but for those who have, I'm picking the tent moment when Jake Gyllenhall is shirtless and when they meet after a few years and Ennis' wife catches them. The kiss was pretty passionate.

Basically, they're apart for most of the movie and we see a lot of their lives away from each other. I love love stories, I'm a sucker for romance, romantic comedies, steamy romances, period romances, all of it.

It was sad, yes, passionate in some places. I don't know if it was romantic since they didn't really romance each other but they were sweet and gentle to each other in some moments the way a man and woman would be. I liked every scene with them, they really were the core of the film. I didn't want to see anything else but them.

I'm glad I finally saw it...FINALLY! Because I liked it.

I also think it was a good move career wise for Heath Ledger.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:22 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I have not seen Brokeback yet. I luved Crash. Have a good day sweetie!

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger L said…

    Crash was a good movie.
    I just got Memoirs of a Geisha, very beautiful movie.

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    i loved crash, and i think it deserved the win. aside from the gay rights and all that, taking it just as a story, i thought brokeback was just okay. moved a little slowly. and did anyone else have trouble understanding heath leadger?? i swear, he mumbled so much i nearly had to turn on the captions.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1