Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Nothing Fancy
Just two finals left. We're down to the wire people! *whew*

An update on the smoking presentation...I overheard my teacher ask the man in my 'group' for a writeup of his role in the presentation. (!) I sat there like I wasn't listening, but he was sitting right next to me and she was sitting on the other side of him. She usually sits next to me during presentations.

Anyway, along with our presentation we had to include a 3 page summary of our roles in it. She said what he gave her really didn't say much and she wanted something else. I sorta felt a little bad because he turned to me and said 'I guess we're gonna be graded indivdually." I can't imagine what he's going to write. He had no role!

I had to tell my mom (we talk too much, ;)) and she said that when he said I could take over that I should have told him it would be up to him if he didn't say anything, but we were both supposed to do our parts. I now think I should have said that, I wonder if he really didn't think of that, that it wouldn't matter if he said nothing. I'd like to read his paper. LOL.

Another thing, on our daily paper RedEye, there was an article about that movie "United 93" and if it's too soon. I say 5 years isn't long enough. 10 years would be okay. Even though the movie (I think) shows the passangers being heroic and brave, can we look at it in that light? Or just be depressed to be reminded. Are they martyrs? I don't know.

Even though I see some good in that movie I still don't plan on seeing it. Ever.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:39 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 7:52 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    For me it is still to soon to put out a movie based on the events.
    Also I was just tellin hubby I don't want to see it. For the same reasons Mimi said.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    karma baby! see, he will get what he deserves...which would be an "F". even the teacher knows he didn't do anything. too bad, so sad.

    i don't plan to see that movie either. i think it has not been long enough. my dad was supposed to be near the WTC in a meeting when that happened, but he ended up cancelling the trip at the last minute. just thinking about it gives me chills. i can't imagine those who lost people are ready to see it portrayed on film.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger L said…

    I couldnt even watch it on tv when it happened, so no movie for me either.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1