Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, May 29, 2006
My Kitchen's Better
I went to California Pizza Kitchen Saturday. For those not familiar, it's pretty much an Italian style Restaurant that specializes in Pizza of all kinds (mulitiple topping abound). I'm not a big fan of CPK and only went because I was with a few friends (a somewhat crush included) and in that area there literally was no where else to eat except for an authentic Mexican Restaurant. Not an option.

So, I wasn't in the mood for Pizza as I eat plenty of it at home, so I ordered some Rosemary Chicken Sandwich with a Ceasar Salad. Sounds good? I thought so. Anyway, it came and you remember that little old lady in that commercial that said "Where's the Beef?" Well, I was like 'Where's the Chicken?" Seriously, that was the worst display of a Chicken sandwich if I've ever seen one. The chicken was semi-medium thick and the way they had it layed out was that it covered just the bread and that's it. No piling on top, no, it was layed out so that it just barely covered the slice of bread. The sandwich was all bread and lettuce.

Twice someone came by and asked about the meal, I just said fine and complained to my friends. But I ask you, should I have said something? I couldn't even think of how I would have worded it. I don't think anyone at the table was expecting me to say something and I didn't want to cause a stir and whatnot, but I wanted to tell them to put some more chicken on it.

It was $8.99 but I still wanted more chicken. Despite that, it was still good but it could have been much better.

Another thing that was a little funny. We went into Pottery Barn and didn't realize how late it was (almost 8pm) and they locked the doors with us inside. I couldn't tell if other people standing around were employees or not, but we were upstairs and I said 'They locked the doors." So we went down and tried to get out and we're standing there like, 'what's up?"

Then someone came and said 'Oh, I'll let you out." We had to wait for someone to come unlock the door. I just thought that was kinda odd, I mean, why not have someone standing by for people still browsing and shopping?

Oh well. I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL holiday. It's hella hot here, so I hope everyone is keeping cool. This weekend was hot and busy. So I'll see you guys later.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 11:46 AM  
3 commentst:
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I bought one of those microwave meals on Friday last.
    It had a couple of slices of beef in a sesame seed bap (bun) so I thought it might be nice. Heated it up for 90 seconds. OMG can I have those 90 seconds back! It was really bad! The beef slices were mostly fat. I couldn't and didn't finish it which is really unusual for me to not eat food lol. It was £1.50 which is about $2.25. I wont be getting it again I can tell you!
    I dont think I would have said anything to the waitress either. It's just not worth going through all of the explaining. It probably wasn't her that made it anyway and besides at least you will know what not to order the next time :)

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I hate it when my sandwhich is all bread and lettuce. I probably would of not said anything either. Stay cool GG!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger kattbanjo said…

    I love to stop by and see all your Buffy pics! I soooo miss that show!!! Was crushed when Angel was cancelled!!I have all dvds to comfort me though(hidden from hubby)
    I ordered a $8.00 shrimp Po boy sandwich in La. and it had six tiny shrimp on it! I could have bought a pound of shrimp for $6.99!! That is sooo irritating!!.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1