Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Curses!
At work today one of the receptionists asked me to staple some papers together. Okay, easy enough task. But there were like 5 staplers and they pretty much all didn't work, so she had one on her desk and was like 'use this one because I don't know about those others' well, I picked up one and it seemed to work.

So, I checked it for staples. Check. Then I went to close it and it seemed pretty hard to get down, so I pushed really hard and STAPLED MY THUMB!

It was bad. I wanted to yell, but I didn't. The receptionist said 'be careful' but she didn't see how bad it was. At least I don't think she did. I went into the other room and looked at my thumb and yes, there was a stapler.

Even worse was I had to use a STAPLE REMOVER TO TAKE A STAPLER OUT OF MY FUCKING THUMB!

It was bleeding and I got blood on one of the sheets of papers and had to make another copy of it. Very embarrasing. Oh my god, needless to say I was ready to go after that. Ugh. It was really hurting at one point, it was not good.

And now I have to go type.

I need Apolo to come kiss my thumb for me. LOL Wow, it's been a long time since I mentioned Apolo. Aren't you guys lucky? heh.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:46 PM  
7 commentst:
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Undr--Finally! I see it takes mentioning Apolo to get you to stop by. :)

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    i still have a scar on my right wrist (the perfect size of a staple)from where my sister "accidentally" stapled me. it hurt like a mother. ahhh...older sisters.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger mrs. awesome said…

    you've had a tetanus shot in the last 10 years, right?

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Shannon--that's why we can't trust boys. heh

    Mimi--my thumb still hurts a bit too. *whimper*

    grody jo-dee--yep, and why did I think that after I pulled it out. lol.

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger exMI said…

    and to think when I was young we used to shoot each other with staple guns. (when My father wasn't around)

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    OUCH! Damn GG that even hurt my thumb just reading it.
    Freakin staplers just are not safe. Ok we would shoot them at each other when I worked at the furniture place. But we always aimed where we couldnt hit each other. We also threw lil blocks of wood at the bosses window. It was a very thick glass it never did break. He would pay us back by putting a dead rat or lizard throw the sander. We would be waiting for the piece of wood to come thru and end up getting a dead rodent. I miss working there some days. Here I am writing a book when all I wanted to say was HI and I missed ya when I was in the hospital :)

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger shadowlands said…

    That's awful - you poor thing! But it reminds me of another staple story - In fifth grade, I was terribly tormented by a nasty little shit who just would not stop yanking my braids. So, I stapled his thumb. It went all the way through. The nuns were very mad at me, because, you know, girls just aren't supposed to behave that way. I got three weeks detention - but it was worth it. The little prick never yanked my braids again.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1