Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, August 25, 2008
On to London
Well, it's all over now. Those 14 days just seemed to fly by. I for one am always excited by the Olympics even if I'm never fully prepared for them when they get here. I stare at the TV and watch as much Olympic coverage as I can and love all the Olympic Zone moments and all the interviews with Bob Costas. I think Womens Gymnastics had the best commentary.

I am trying my damnest to make it to the Winter Olympics in 2010. I hope I get there. *fingers crossed* I also want to go to the 2012 Olympics in London and if we get the Olympics her in Chicago, I'm going too. We'll see.


In weekend news, I went back to my Slay-a-ton Make-a-Wish charity event on Saturday. Because of legal issues they couldn't show Buffy, so we watched Angel episodes instead and it was all good. I had a lot of fun, as always. I bid a Faith doll that the actor autographed and won it for $35. They were trying to start it at $50 but no one was bidding. Sorry guys, but it's poor folks at this event. Okay, 2 or 3 people will spend big bucks, but mostly it's average Joe's who come for the love of Buffy/Angel/Joss and aren't into spending hundreds of dollars, even for charity. We just don't have the money. But I'm happy with what I got. I dont' have a digital camera now or I'd take a picture. But I like it. I love Faith.


What I'm madly into right now is Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long- blog. Okay, I know none of you are Buffy fans, but my sister, who is a casual viewer, loved it and wanted to see it again. If you get a chance check it out. It's so funny and well done. Joss is a GENIUS! You will then understand why I worship firmly at the alter of Joss.




Below is the final medal count for Beijing. We got the most medal, not the most gold. Oh well, we still beat out China in something. *snicker* I'm proud of all the USA athletes, so great and they should be proud of themselves.

Now, we can finally but Usain Bolt away. Thank GOD!


Olympic Medal winners at NBC Olympics.com!

Labels: , ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 9:38 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 5:38 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Keeping my fingers crossed you make it to both of the Olympics. :)

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    I love the olympics that would be awesome to go! What did you think of the chinese running the headline of them winning the Gold Medal Count?

    Did you see Lacey from so you think you can dance is going to be a pro on dancing with the stars!!!

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Oh that's interesting! Right the way through the Olympics the official scoreboard listed the countries in order of gold medals but I see that medal count must be more important with you guys? That would also mean that if Great Britain had the same population numbers of the USA to chose from we would have had almost three times more medals! *double snicker* ;-)

    Have you been watching any of the Paralympics?

    p.s. thanks for sending me an email a few weeks ago. I wasn't trying to be rude by not replying/acknowledging it. Just put it down to laziness :-P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1