Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Team USA

I'm tired and lazy, but wanted to toss out a bit of Olympic coverage. The medal count is 40 for USA, with China right behind with 35, so we're leading. Yea! I was tense and anxious watching the womens gymnastics and it didn't help them win the gold. They made it to Silver after falling and fumbling. They're such a great team, but nerves and, in my opinion, their own natural body types led to their move to second place. When the Chinese (who won the gold) tumble they have 4 or 5 feet of cushion between them and the edge of the floor--they have shorter legs and are smaller bodies. They take smaller steps and tumble harder. The American girls are taller, take longer, harder running starts before they tumble.

I know it sounds like I'm making excuses for them, but I think this is a problem they can't avoid. But they have to learn to not go out of bounds as they can't get shorter or smaller. We're moving into the weekend people and into Track and Field....

I read EH's post about this girl being severely neglected and it is horrible, but I don't think anything tops one of the more horrible things that I learned of that I never knew about. A few months ago I somehow stumbled on the knowledge of Sylvia Likens from a book about her ordeal from Amazon.com about the Indiana Torture Slayings and it was horrific and utterly unbelievable.

I am still looking into the 2010 winter olympics in Vancouver, and I still plan on going--hopefully. FINGERS CROSSED!

Okay, it's after 11pm and I'm still watching Olympics, but I'm too ready for the weekend.

Speaking of...

Have a good one guys!

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 11:18 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 12:40 AM, Blogger Catch said…

    hi GG

    Hope your having a great summer! Just stopping in to say hello.

     
  • At 4:52 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Have a great weekend GG. I am off to check out both of the links. :)

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    I felt really bad for Alicia Sacramone. She is usually rock solid on Floor, and probably wouldn't have done beam had Chellsie been healthy

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1