Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Monday, August 11, 2008
It's time for some GOLD!


I've been watching as much Olympics as I can. Yes, I get hyped every four years, what's wrong with that? I love the Olympics. For some some reason the only thing I remember dreaming about wanting to do if it was 25 years earlier and I had the money, resources and support was figure skating. Though, I think it would have changed to Short Track Speed Skating because of you know who. I never had the body type for gymnastics so that would have been out before it got in. But there were times I would watch and get inspired and think, wow, what it must feel like to go to the Olympics--and WIN.

Then again, I'm a STRESS CAT when it comes to competition and I'm a crier as well, so it probably wouldn't work well for me. I'm a big bawl fest with rejection.

HOWEVER, USA is kicking ass in swimming, with Phelps leading the way. He's got 17 swims here and just added his 9th medal tonight. Let's rock! I think we're just holding on in gymnastics, and I think we're even doing okay with diving. Rowing? Not so much. At any rate, I'm excited and wish I could be home to watch more.



In sad, sad, depressing news, I'm missing the Mac man more and more. I'm still in shock. I loved him, he was my guy from Chicago and the South Side! Like me. Sniff. I watched his TV show every day and he was so funny. He was doing and still doing so much and he will be missed. I loved him in Oceans movies too. I feel devastated, the way I felt about Heath Ledger. Too sad. Issac Hayes also died, another legend. Wow, double sadness over the weekend. My prayers are with their families.

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 9:47 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 6:02 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    GO USA!

    I can't believe Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes...so sad...

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    So so so sad about Bernie Mac and Isaac Hayes!!

    I can say this much about the Olympics it is a good thing there is no late fees from Netflix!! I got Supernatural here waiting for me to watch but we get to watching the Olympics and that means Supernatural gets the back burner. LOL :) There was a just a few things we was going to watch but we ended up watching a lot of it. We are loving the Olympics here. GO USA!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1