Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Harry the Great


Tried as I might to escape the H.P Madness I couldn't---even at work. There were attorney's carrying the book around! The only reason I'm posting about Harry Potter is because I had serious, almost depressing thoughts about J.K. Rowling and how she single handedly took over the world. There were people scrambling for this book in Tel Aviv for God's sake!

She used to be a Welfare Mom and is now a household name, richer than dirt, and has 10-year-olds and 45-year-olds alike reading the same book -- and not getting enough! She has kids carrying aorund a 700+ page novel and eagerly doing so. All because of a Wizard named Harry.



I just started thinking about how I wish I had created Harry, or better yet, any character (of my own orgin) that would make people cry if they couldn't get a copy of it, that made people pre-order copies, talk incessantly about characters, get depressed about the end of the series or anticipate the next installment with the passion of parents awaiting their first born.

I have not read the books, but I will now. I have too. I have to know the writing of someone who has captivated children and adults alike. I can only dream of putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and come up with a character even a third as thrilling and enjoyable as Harry or even Ron and Hermoine. Oh well. I must keep writing and I must find that character (and story and plot) for myself.

Some day. *sigh* Some day.

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:56 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    I know what you mean GG...I have never read HP either. I think im gonna have to start reading it too. I guess everyone is reading it but us!!! lol

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Gretchen said…

    The series is wonderful and the final book is truly brillant.

    I can only dream of ever writing anything anywhere near that popular. I'd be happy to just crack the magazine market regularly.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1