Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, July 06, 2007
God Bless the Weekend
I was so freakin' sleepy this morning it was all I could do to get through today. Man, I did not want to get up! Thank god for the Weekend!

I bought a new mattress a few days ago and it's being delivered on Tuesday. I'm so happy. My back hurts every morning and I know it's because of my mattress. It's a Serta. I never had a Serta before, I always had Simmons. But this one felt good at the store so I went with it. I took my mom because I can't make a decision for Christ, but she ending up liking the firm better than anything and I didn't want a mattress that hard, so I ended up making my own decision anyway. Heh. Speaking of decisions...

I made a decision that I'm going to get a breast reduction within the next couple of years. Yes, I know that is a long time, I'm not talking next week. I want to pay off the loan I already have before I get financing for this surgery. I did a lot of research several years ago but never had the money. I know I'll never convince a doctor that I need it for other than cosmetic reason, although my shoulders KILL me if I stand up too long and my bra straps dig in so bad I have to move them around to get them off of my shoulders. I already have dark marks on my shoulders from them digging in in the past.

I wish I could have done this in high school, or even in my twenties. It would have made life a lot more inviting. I don't want to dance, or do any sort of vigorous activity (well, not that activity) because these big knockers will get in the way, or even worse, fall out of my bra, which has happened more than once.

I can't run, jog, run quickly upstairs. Well, I do do those thinks, but carefully and self-consciously. I also hate not being able to buy bras off the rack, unless it's a specialty store, being regulated to catalogs. I also hate shuffling through the "drawer" at departments stores where they keep the hefty double D's and up. Our bras come in boxes! Ugh! And usually in white.

What scares me is the scaring because I'm black and I know scars will look worse on my skin tone. But, you know what, I'm gonna take that chance and research and get the best plastic surgeon I can and I'm going to get one that has done numerous surgeries on black women.

I can't be an old lady with these things on my chest, they're heavy now, I can imagine when I'm 60, they're be on the floor. STOP LAUGHING!

Seriously, this things have been a burden more than a joy, I don't even feel comfortable using them as a 'weapon' or to seduce, I just want to hide them as much as possible. Men of course love to stare, but they don't have to carry them around. Heh.

Okay, that's my Friday rant. See you guys later, and if I don't have a great weekend!

Labels: , ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:57 PM  
9 commentst:
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Now here's a topic that I talk about at length.

    I'll admit that the boob fairy has been very generous with me, but fortunately it's never been that much of a problem. I've always been to find bras (regular and sports) that are supportive (once I learned how to buy them properly, that is).

    Still I know what you mean about a reluctance to engage in even normal physical activities. Should I run across the street before the light changes and risk losing an eye or should I just wait for the next cycle? If your boobs are affecting your quality of life, I say get the surgery. You shouldn't have to deal with all of the things you talked about.

    As far as scarring goes, hopefully by the time you get the surgery they'll be better at minimizing scarring. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the scar is underneath so it may not be visible. :/

    Like you I had become resigned to the ugly, old lady bras. I don't know what size you are, but until you do have your surgery, I recommend these sites: FigLeaves and (it's not just for hooker's anymore!). They both have extended size in pretty styles. For sports bra I suggest .

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Sorry, I screwed up my tags. There was supposed to be a link to and one to Enell.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Damnit!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    EH--Love ya girl! Thank for the Enell link. I actually learned of that bra on Oprah, but I didn't buy one. Surprisenly, I just checked out their site again last week, I plan on getting one because because it will make excercising a lot easier.

    And I cracked up on your comment about running across the street. I think you read my mind. I always think, "well, if I were a lot less upstairs I'd sprint down the street for it" and if I'm holding bags or something where I can't help support myself with my arms, then forget it. Heh. Good to have someone who knows what I mean.

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Glad you were able to figure out my mangled links (FigLeaves, Frederick's, and Enell - I won't try making anymore links).

    I swear by Enell. They're pricey, but they "gets the job done".

    And yep, I am very familiar with trying to walk quickly/run with full hands.

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Hey Gunny, if your arms and hands ever get tired of holding your breasts up as you run you know where I am. Ok? ;-)

    If you get a chance please look at my new post. There's a name in it that you might just recognise :-)

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Enjoy your new mattress tonight!

    And I think every cent you put into making yourself hurt or ache less is worth it!

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Ok I've just done another post so it's the one below that that I was referring to ;-)

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Glitter--Yes, it will be worth it. I long for the day I can run somewhere and not think about it. LOL!

    Kingcover--I'd take you up on helping hold them up, but they're more than a handful, you might get tired! But I gotta give you props for offering. *snerk* ;)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1