Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Cell Hell pt. 3, Bally Battle and happy 310
Well, it's nice to be back and posting. I was going to post something this weekend, but was just too lazy. My weekend went so mega fast I barely had time to enjoy it. I want sleep!

Anyway, I've been hacking, debating, stressing and angered about my cell phone drama. Should I go with this plan, or this service and I think I'm just gonna stay with Sprint. I have a red Razr and I realized that I won't be saving that much money a month with U.S. Cellular, only about 3-4 dollars and at this point I don't think it's worth the hassle. In 2 years after my plan is up maybe I'll switch. But for now, oh well.


Now, on to the bigger thing I've been doing this week. WARNING! This may be long. Ahem.

I have to admit I can be pretty gulliable and crash under pressure--sometimes. When I went to the Taste of Chicago last month a Bally Total Fitness rep steamrolled me, (probably seeing the chubby and made a bee line over) and she managed to talk me into getting a trial membership. I didn't even really want it, but sitting there with her waiting for me to sign, and her going on about what a great deal it was and how I wouldn't pay anything up front...I caved and went with it thinking I'll cancel later. She took my credit card info and then briefly went over the Contract. She told me I had to visit a total of 17 times "That's only two days a week, you'll like it" she said.

I was thinking '17 times' that's a lot and and I didn't really know when I'd even go. I mean, I did other stuff on the weekend. But i did figure that I'd just go in early on Sat. and Sun. and get it over with. I stressed about the contract when I saw over time it'd be $815 total, and that my 'trial' wasn't free. AFTER I went 17 times and if I didn't like it, then I'd pay for the first and second months membership and then I could cancel.

I told my sister who flipped out telling me how crazy it was to get involved with their contracts. In searching the internet I found horror story after horror story of hundreds to thousands of dollars Bally had scammed out of people, forcing them to stay in contracts and having to pay before getting out of it. Sometimes the battle with then went on for years, and one guy said they told him they'd canceled and then 15 years later they were still charging him and it showed up on his credit report, hindering him from getting a house loan. WTF?!

Needless to say I freaked the fuck out and didn't know what to do. I re-read my contract and saw I had a 3 day grace period to opt out of the whole thing by sending a certified letter to them stating so. I did and heard nothing. I freaked out again and sent another letter and then, still in freaked out mode, I sic'd the BBB on them, filing a claim. Yesterday I got a letter from Bally saying that my membership was canceled. It was what I wanted, in writing, that it was a done deal.

I also got a call and email from them saying that they wanted some membership ID info and my name and stuff. I emailed her back and I'll see what she has to say.

Basically I just wanted an email that said, yes it's canceled so if they charge I'd be sending a copy of that letter pronto. I actually feel a little bad because I didn't give them any time to do anything or respond, I just jumped right to the BBB which was probably overreacting.

I just got all crazy, thinking they'd be charging me hundreds of dollars I'd most likely be responsible for. I just wanted out, out out.


And last but not least, in all my craziness and posting, I completely ran past my 300th post! Actually this is my 311th post, but I'm celebrating my 300th, um, 10 posts ago. Anyway, yea me! I've been on blogger long enough to post 300 (+11) times! Come to my party, there will be cake and ice cream!

Anyway, that's my drama for the past few days. I hope you'll all doing okay. I'm done now, I'm hot and sleepy. I'm re-watching my "Angel" DVD's.

So, if there's anyone out there not reading Harry Potter, stop by. LOL, kidding. Enjoy the rest of your week guys.

Labels: , ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 8:55 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Can't say that I blame you for freaking out on Bally. Really it's what they deserve if they really do have such a poor track record with customers. Glad that you were able to get out.

    Congrats on your 300th post! I'm about 8 posts shy of that mark myself but I'm pretty sure that I'll miss it. :0/

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy 300!!!!!!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger L said…

    Congrats on 300th post!

    Pass me some cake and ice cream please.


    Beading says Hello!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1