Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Hot and Hotter
And no, I'm not hot in a sexy way either. I'm just hot. It got up to 95 degrees here. Ugh! I'm sweltering now. I'm not going to be long because something is making my computer drag and it's a bitch to type.

I have seriously been thinking about making a move into a career with animals. I don't know what, but something. I'm thinking about Vet Tech or even perhaps a Veterinarian. Aside from an actual Vet, nothing else is rewarding financially. Granted, I wouldn't be doing it for the money, but I don't exactly want to be living in a shack on the corner because of my chosen profession either. I'd like to be able to live decently while doing something I enjoy.

That is what's scary. While I want to really do it, I know how I feel right now and I don't make shit, and I can't afford anything and I don't even like what I do, so I'm really pissy. I would like to be able to save some money and be able to live and have a little something when I'm old.

But I can't think of another profession that really interests me, and I dont' want to just do something for the money, and not really like it. Yeah, something you grow to like, but still...

Decisions, decisions. I'll keep you posted.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Labels: , , ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 9:44 PM  
6 commentst:
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Hey,

    You bring up a lot of good points. Doing what you love vs. doing what will pay the bills - it's an age old argument. To me at least, the goal in life is finding something that will satisfy both of these desires. If being a vet is the only career that does this, then I say go for it!

    Plus, vet school's only four years (and I say this a someone's who entering her 7th year of grad school, mind you) so it won't be forever.

    And, if nothing else, it probably won't kill you so why not do it?

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    You would make an excellent vet!!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Ahh...the age old debate. I do this every year or so...and I always decide on $. LOL.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger The Ferryman said…

    You may already be involved with this, but if not, have you seen it?

    http://buffybetweenthelines.com/?page_id=30

    I am definitely going to audition :)

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Happy Weekend GG!! :)

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    I love the heat LOVE IT LOVE IT!

    Are you watching SO you think you can dance???

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1