Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
I. HATE. MY. JOB
Okay, you all already know that (referring to post title) but I just need to vent tonight. Today things were going good, and then there was a case that was closed, but in my flurry of damn papers on my desk, and in a haste to close up some loose ends of memos, not to mention the fact that I didn't notice that the case was closed, I sent an email about a trial to the client, and, of course, and like last time, she got all pissy and had to email the head of the firm.

This is not the first time, which is the problem. Things to down a fuck tube in a hurry when they CC the goddam Managing attorney, because now he has to deal with it and he has to respond to the client, and blah, and believe me he doesn't want to have to hear from any clients.

I think I email at least 300 damn memos a day and besides doing everything else, mistakes happen. I'm not trying to point fingers, but mistakes happen, but I'm actually sick of it. I'm tired of them emailing him and then I have to apologize. That fucking makes me sick, I hate having to grovel and be all "I'm sorry" because they just can tell it to me and me only, they have to involve him.

I am only trying to hold on for a couple more months at this place just to have been there a year, and I want to be able to invest in my 401(k). That is all I want. I do not plan on retiring there.

I am worried because this is not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last. I hate it and I don't know what he's going to say tommorow. I don't know what he told the office manager because she was all 'you better go in there and apologize and talk to him' That was a bad sign, that means he was really upset.

I don't know if I'm going to have a job after tommorow.

Well, at least I'll be able to sleep in. Okay, I have to use some humor. I feel sort of sick right now. I know it's not the end of my life, but I just hate that with ALL I do is emailing clients, there is certainty that some shit like this will happen again.

I hate the feeling of having to answer to this shit tommorrow. I can't wait until I can't waith to get the fuck up out of there. Can you believe I wished for a major accident so I wouldn't have to go in tommorrow? I hate that, I really, really do.

Labels: , ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 8:43 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    I don't see how you have managed to hold out so long now. Sending you lots and lots good vibes at work till you can leave there.

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Sorry to read that you're having such a tough time at work. :( Hopefully today wasn't too bad.

    I find that focusing on future goals helps to get me through difficult patches. Sort of a "and this too shall pass" approach.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1