Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Lollopaloza and my FINAL, FINAL thought on Imus

I want to go to Lolloploza. Pearl Jam is headlining, and I LOVE that bad. I don't know if I'm going to go, I don't have anyone to go with, but I'd really love to see them play live. I'm not a frequent concert goer, I can't handle some of the crowds, but I'd like to see them. I think they are such a great band, and I love Eddie Vedder. He, like Bono, to seem like rock stars who actually care about the music and isn't caught up in all the glam and glitz and groupies. They don't make a trillion videos just to prance and preen. Pearl Jam especially, who once rallied about concert ticket prices not being affordable for the fans who actually go to the shows. Pearl Jam rocks!



************

Ahhhh, Final thoughts on Imus. Well, I don't hate the guy, despite why some of my ravings sounded like. Like I said, I'd never heard of him before this. I have had the chance to hear many comments, and even talk to my friends and family personally and hear what they had to say. I appreciated all the comments, even if some got me boiling mad.

I've heard that some of the Rutgers girls were really distraught and someone said they'd be "scarred for life" Okay, that's a little too far. I mean, please. Not for life, but for the moment I'd be angry.

Basically, I wish I could wave my magic wand and get people to understand that even with Free Speech you still have to be held accountable for what you say and face consequences, if there are any. And that while what they say may not bother you, it may bother someone else and everything can't be poo-poo'd away under the rug. Not everything can go in the "get over it" catagory.

That being said, I think Imus, unfortunetly, let himself get dragged into a mess by the other newscaster in the room with him, who started all this. Maybe they were trying to be funny, but the thing was that what they were talking about targeted not the entire team, but only the black girls. The 'ho's' comment was bad enough, but that at least enveloped all the girls, but then the conversation started to segregate and that's when things got ugly.

I don't think he should have been fired, I never said that. But I think he should have disappeared for a while until things died down. The advertising dollars made the decision for him, I think. And I also don't agree with a forced apology, who wants a forced apology? After two days if he didn't apologize, then he wasn't really sorry.

Oh well, soon we'll be going "Remember what Imus said?" LOL. Until the next celebrity/radio jock says something.

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:42 PM  
1 commentst:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1