Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Whew!

I went to see Body Worlds yesterday. It was great, really fascination, original and gruesome and beautiful at the same time. I loved it. I almost didn't make it. Here's what happened. I bought tickets online for me and my sister and the Museum website can be tricky to buy tickets, when you reload it give you different days and times when you come back to it. Ugh. Well, I got an email telling me that this was the last 3 days in Chicago, so I had to act fast. (I know, been here 4 months and now I'm rushing), anyway, I go through the email link and buy tickets at work. They made it 24 hours here since there was such high demand. So, if you wanted to see it at 3:30 a.m., you were more than welcome.

I buy tickets thinking it was for 12:15 p.m. in the afternoon for Sat. but I didn't see or notice the am pm thing and ended up with 12:15 AM. I was a bit freaked out. I'm like, "Shit, is for tonight at midnight! WTF?" So, basically I was so worried that we wouldn't get in and that'd be $36 down the drain, plus I really wanted to see it.

So my sister decides we should just go really early when it wouldn't be crowded and ask them if we can go in since we missed our time and accidently got the wrong time on the tickets. So, we head out around 6:00 a.m., and since the museum bus doesn't run that early, we take another way and went in the wrong direction and had to sort of find our way, asking bus drivers along the route.

We get on a bus and the bus driver is really friendly, we thought we had to get off and transfer, but he said he went right pass the museum and we can just walk right over to it! Yea! So, we get there around 7:30 in the morning, and the lady checking out tickets told us that it was okay, as long as or time was AFTER and not BEFORE there shouldn't be a problem.

Whew! I was so happy. We actually had to go past 4 our 5 people to get to the actually exhibit and show our tickets. When the girl scanned them they let of a siren, and the screen showed invalid, but then she typed in our code and they became valid. So, I SOOOOOO happy we got in and things turned out okay. Next time, I'm gonna be hella careful ordering online.

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 1:34 PM  
1 commentst:
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger MC said…

    I caught Body Worlds when it was in Philly and thought it was really interesting in a ew, gross kind of way. Not what I want to do with my body after I die, but interesting just the same...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1