Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Charge it, please and the last of Imus
Has anyone ever ordered a free credit report? I keep meaning too, but haven't yet. Plus, they're not really free. You have to enter into trial memberships of other things that I hate doing because then when you don't cancel, it's your ass you have to pay. Anyway just wondering. And if you haven't noticed, then yes, I really have nothing to blog about.

But, what I'd like to add is another comment about Don Imus, then I'm done. I've been around the internet, listening to plenty of people's comments, from bloggers, to actors, to newscasters to comedians on what happened, and I have agreed with some, but severely disagreed with others.

I know we all have free will, and it is GOOD that we can make our own choices, comments; have our own thoughts. But I read some pretty disturbing comments, that actually didn't surprise me. I read a comment by one girl who really seems to raise her White flag. Basically, she seemed upset that we can't just call each other what we want and stop whining already. The Majority thinks like that, not the minority.

Now, I'm not racist. But, being a minority, it's hard not to see the meaning behind comments others make regarding race when they AREN'T a minority. If you have never been discriminated against it's hard for you to really understand. I'm not saying that anyone white has never had anything bad done to them, now, don't get me wrong.

What I'm saying is that I read plenty of comments from, I know were ALL whites, save 2 or 3 and they just can't believe what the all the fuss is about with his "nappy-headed ho's" comment, and that we should get over it, and forget it and everyone should stop being sensitive and stop playing the race card and whatnot.

That's fine if it wasn't directed at you. I mean, let's face it, the face of America is white and if you're white, then you pretty much do alright, just for that fact alone--not all the time, but white males especially get the advantage.

But when people go "Oh, he said 'Nigger' get over it!" or "So what she called her a Mexican Jumping bean, it's not gonna kill her!" I get upset because those comments should not be said at all, and they certainly should be reserved for certain races to say.

Aaaaaaand that's where other bitchy comments come in, because then people want to complain about the fact that certain people get to say stuff and get away with it and others can't.

If you don't understand the difference between a white man calling a black man a nigger and a black man calling him a nigger, then I can't help you.

Also, the defense that "if they say it, then why can't we all say it" doesn't work either. Because not all black people want to be called that either, and other people should take that into effect as well. Just because you watch some rap videos and hear that shit shouldn't make you go, 'hmm, I guess I'll call them all nigga's and ho's to their faces now. That's what the videos's say!" No, nada, and uh-uh.

I think people should have more common sense and not try and lump everything under one umbrella. I, myself, hate when I see other black people act or say things with other races around because I think, 'damn, I can only imagine what they think of all black people now.'

Well, I guess I'll be down to one reader now. LOL, oh well. But I still enjoy the blogs of all my Scooby Gang to my left, every one, and I'll still visit, because this is a free America, and we should all be able to understand why some people get upset and why others don't. At least, I hope we can.

Labels:

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 7:53 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    I've ordered a couple of free credit reports. They are free as long as you remember to call cancel the free trial. As I recall they were always really nice when I called to cancel too. It's a good deal and I recommend you take advantage of it. You also get one free copy per year from the government. You can get your report that way too, but I can't tell you who to contact. :)

    By the way, I'm in the process of composing a post about Don Imus, per your request. I should warn you though, you may not agree with what I have to say . . .

     
  • At 5:36 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Alright, it took a while to compose, but my Don Imus post is finally up.

    Hopefully this will not be the end of our bloggy-relationship. :(

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Blogger L said…

    Well said GunnGirl.

    People should use more common sense before they open their mouths and say crap like that, I am glad he got fired for saying that.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Your Mother said…

    you are entitled to one free report per year by federal law. Go to each of the three credit reporting sites and get your free report that way. No free trial etc. except you do have to pay to get your credit score.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1