Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, February 04, 2007
There's always...21 years later

Well, we lost the Superbowl. I'm sad. I wanted them to win so bad. They were doing so good in the first half and then...The Colts just took over. I feel like crying. The support in the city was so great, so supportive. People would have went crazy if they'd won. You just don't know.

It's such a long, hard road to the Superbowl, I just hate that they lost. ARRRGGGGH! It's very depressing and I don't even follow sports, but I always support the home team.


What I did enjoy was the halftime show with Prince. My mom was pretty mean on that front. She complained that he didn't sing all the songs (Hello! Medley!) And that she couldn't hear him, she was all grumpy that he didn't sing the whole song of "Purple Rain" Okay, it's not a Prince concert Ma, sheesh! I liked it. Prince looked good (as usual. Sexy, sexy!), he sounded just fine and I was happy that he sang some old goodies instead of some of the newer stuff. I had my own song choices for the night ("My name is Prince", "Erotic City") to name a couple, but with so many great songs to choose from, hell, he'd be there all night. I liked his guitars too, but could have done without the two dancers, they looked odd.

There were only about 8 commercials I liked too, including the Career Builder ones and the Miller Light one with the hitchhicker and his ax v. Miller light and the Budweiser commercial with the stray dog grabbing a ride on the Firetruck after getting muddy enough to resemble a Dalmation. heh.

Not a great night for Chicago fans or commercials, but...What can you do? I'm still proud, hell they made it to the Superbowl. So, I guess that'll have to be good enough. No other choice.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 9:07 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    Its an honor just to make it to the superbowl. I didnt watch it, but I would have enjoyed Prince.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I watched it too. I actually didn't think that it would be aired over here on terrestrial TV but I turned my TV on and there it was. I missed the first 3 minutes of it which wasn't too bad. I was rooting for the Colts so I was happy that they won it *oops did I say that out loud* ;)
    I thought the half time show was really bad. I don't know why they chose Prince to do it and what in the heck was he wearing on his head?! It looked like something a 50s housewife would have worn :P
    I didn't finish until 3am my time but I'm glad I sat up to watch it :)

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    The superbowl bored me. Probably because the Patriots weren't there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1