Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Holly Jolly Christmas


Well, well, well, it's finally here. All those decorations, tree trimming, cooking, baking, shopping, searching for the right gift, not finding it, stressing, seeing family, and everything else only for one day, and then it's over in a flash.

We just seemed worn out this year, we're not even having a Christmas dinner. I don't know what we're going to eat. LOL, I bought some Turkey Wings but not I don't know if I want them. Whatever. This year we didn't make a big deal about not having the dinner or whatever, it wasn't that serious, so I'm not going to worry either. If I don't have it, I don't have it. And whatever present I don't have for someone...They'll get it next year.

I watched "The Sound of Music" last night (LOVED IT!) and then I went to Diva's blog today and saw her lovely, funny and well written song to the tune of "These Are a Few of Favorite Things" as sung by Julie Andrews in the movie, and it reminded me that I wrote this a couple years ago. I also wrote a "'Twas the night Before Christmas' featuring Buffy of course, but I can't find it. Arggh! But I wanted to share this one and dedicate it to Diva since she posted hers first, and I'm pretty much riding her coat tails and posting my own.


My Favorite Things
By Gunngirl

Fresh fallen snow and warm scented candles
Bright Christmas lights and stockings on mantels
The hustle and bustle the holiday brings
These a few of my favorite things

Hot apple pie and fuzzy warm socks
itunes and CD's and cute cuckoo clocks
Kittens that play with bright colored strings
These are few of my favorite things

Buffy and Angel on crisp DVD
Hot tea and cookies and trimming the tree
Watching snow birds as they perch and sing
These are a few of my favorite things

When the day's long
When the trains late
When I'm feeling bad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad



So, on that note, I want to wish all my blog buds a Wonderful Christmas! Whatever you do, even it's just sitting around in your pajamas and watching TV, enjoy it. Try not to worry about having a Christmas that everyone thinks you're supposed to have with family (sometimes family you don't even want to see) and all that hoopla. Just enjoy doing what you do. If I haven't stopped by, I'm getting there! :)


MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:27 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger exMI said…

    And a Merry christmas to you too Gunngirl.

     
  • At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Merry Christmas
    and
    Happy New Years!

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *
    Hi GunnGirl !

    I found your site through a link at exMI's I believe.
    I enjoyed your lyric changes to the song : )
    FUZZY WARM SOCKS sound great !

    Wanted to mention that the wallpaper I'm using on my computer is a larger
    version of the one you have in your profile : ) Snoopy *

    Take Care & Merry Christmas!

    Michael-From-The-Future!
    QUESTION of the DAY !

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww, I loved your song! So cute!

    You are 100% right with reguard to the way we all spend our holiday. I believe we should all spend it the way we see fit and what makes US happy. And that is what I did!

    Merry Christmas =)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1