Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Dinner For Five

There is a show on the Independent Film Channel (IFC) called Dinner For Five that I really like. I haven't seen it for a while, I missed one whole season but I caught up with a few episodes through Netflix.

It's hosted by John Favreau, who you may or may not know, but you've probably seen his face in a few bit parts in movies. One thing I remember him is he was Ben Affleck's friend in Electra, which none of you have probably seen.

At any rate, the gist of the show is John sits around with guests in the TV world, movies, music, screenwriters, but mostly film, in general and they talk over a real dinner about their experiences and whatnot. It's usually very entertaining, funny and informative--but it depends on the guests. Some guests are boring. His guests lists included guests like Seth Green, Vince Vaughn, Katie Holmes, Jennifer Garner, Colin Farrell, Kevin Pollak and Jeff Goldblum to name a few. If you don't reconize the names you'd probably recognize the faces.

I started thinking about the show one day because it's been so long since I've seen it and I started thinking about what kind of guests I'd like to see, and what guests I'd like to see together. Guests with different personalities and experiences make for good dinner conversaton. So I'm putting together my own dinner parties of five. I'm branching out a bit to include musicians, and artists. But I'd like to stay in the realm of entertainment.

I'm doing three because I couldn't narrow it down to just one dinner party. I'd also like to know who you would invite to a dinner for five, (you and four other people) living or dead, if you'd like to tell me.

Anyway, here are my guest lists for three separate dinners:


Dinner #1

Gunngirl
Leonardo DaVince
Leonardo DiCaprio
Prince
Jenna Jamison


Dinner #2

Gunngirl
Gary Dourdan (Warrick on CSI)
Janis Joplin
Paul Walker
Wentworth Miller (Prison Break)


Dinner #3

Gunngirl
Richard Pryor
Tom Welling
Angelina Jolie
Brad Pitt
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:30 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Cool Post GG!! :)
    My dinner:

    Beading Gal
    Sean Connery
    John Grisham
    Barbara Walters
    Micheal J. Fox

    p.s.
    I seen Electra :)

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    I love all your dinner guests!

    HDD--Harper Lee and Thomas Harris, good ones! I should have put William Faulkner at one of mine. I had Shakespeare, but I took him out. I should have left him.

    BG--I love the list, but I'd have leave early if Barbara was there. Sorry! ;)

    Sherry--yep, Janis was cool.

    Undr--Oh, I'm there for Eddie Vedder. Perfect. Thanks for inviting me! *hug* You must have thought of me when you thought of Pearl Jam. Rober Deniro is an added Bonus. I had a crush on him a one point.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1