Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
Goodbye, Little Scarlett

REST IN PEACE
Scarlett
June 1, 19??- December 28, 2005



Scarlett died sometime last night. I can't stop crying when I think about her. She was part of our family. Me, and my mom especially looked out for her. Chasing off other cats. Looking for her when it got cold, giving her treats and keeping her company. She liked to rub against our legs and she meowed when she saw us. I'm really, really sad.

I'm just so happy that she found her way to us before she got too sick to walk. I'm happy that she was with us in her final days and that we could keep her warm, safe and comfortable. I'm happy that I was able to rub her and give her some human contact and that she enjoyed every ear scratch and fell asleep against my leg. I'm happy that I know what happened to her and don't have to wonder where she was when she died.

We buried her in our backyard.

I'm still crying right now and it's going to feel so odd not going out looking for little Scarlett. But she is at peace now and she knew she was loved. I wish I could stop crying when I think of her.


WE LOVE YOU ALWAYS, SCARLETT!

WE'RE GOING TO MISS YOU

WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOU

(HUGS, KISSES AND CAT TREATS)
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 12:15 AM  
4 commentst:
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Hugs and more Hugs!!!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    BG--hugs back

    HDD--Thanks. That is the peace I have right now

    Undr--Thanks. *big bear hug* I need all these hugs. You guys are great. I really did love that cat.

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger Stephalupogus said…

    I'm sorry gunngirl. I know it hurts but at least you know she went surrounded by those who loved her.
    Hugs & more hugs

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger paula said…

    *hugs* I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

    Do you believe in reincarnation? The nine lives of the fabulous feline?

    mg

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1