Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Sad New Year For Some
It was pretty sad to hear about the coal miners in West Virginia. I can't imagine thinking your loved one is alive--then not. It's like a cruel, cruel joke. I think the news/reporters was so eager to get out any dabble of good news to people who were asking, standing around and waiting that they jumped the gun.

What can you say after you say something like that? "Oops, sorry. We thought they really were alive."

Also, yesterday I saw three funeral processions within five minutes of each other. I couldn't believe it! I was on the bus heading to the train station and we had to wait for a funeral procession to turn the corner in front of us. Then, we turn the corner and going straight down the street was another funeral procession not a minute after the last one.

Then, I was still on the bus and went down the street and rounded another corner and going down the street was ANOTHER funeral. I could not belive it. For that to happen all of those people would have died on the same day or at least a day before or after one another. Freaky. And at the beginning of the new year too. Sad.

Continuing down the dreary road, I start school soon and am not happy about that. However, I'll be glad to graduate and be completely open to work, instead of trying to find work that will accomodate my school schedule, which includes one night class. YUCK! At least it's on a Monday, nothing is on TV on Monday night. I'm a TV whore in case you didn't know.

I'll be glad to turn over a new leaf in my life. It's way past due for that leaf to turn. It's about 10 years to late, but I'm going to have faith that good things can and will happen to me. It's about darn time I get some good luck.

Hope you guys are doing okay out there! *hugs*
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:30 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Linda said…

    Such sad news of the miners. Doin okay here. huggiez to you!!!

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Shananigans said…

    It's too horrid to think about. I can think of few worse things that could happen to a person.

    Get TiVo!!! (I tell everyone this. Like beer, it is the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems).

    Happy New Year! BTW, I'm also a Midwesterner. Born and raised in Wisco!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Bat said…

    Hello, thanks for stopping by the blog --- :-)

    kitty isn't that violent lol

    I am eagerly awaiting for Booker to come out on DVD now lol

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1