Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Friday, January 06, 2006
Warning: Pictures may offend--or freak out
I'm a big fan of Todd McFarlane and if you've never heard of him, then more than likely you not as twisted as I am. If you have, and you like his work, then welcome to the twisted club! Okay, maybe I should just speak for myself.

I've been enjoying his morbid, dark and just plain crazy action figures for years, and now I have finally learned that when his stuff comes out and if I want it to just BUY IT! Here's my gripe:

He comes out with these series every year. Sometimes they're ultra cool, sometimes they're not. His latest was the Infernal Parade that had a story line and everything and I was able to buy a lot of those, so I'm happy. It featured a train car of sorts, of a ringmaster, swordswallower, freaks, an iron maiden and a couple of others. It rocked, but only had two really good characters. (see below)

But before that one he did a series called McFarlane's Monsters Series: Twisted Land of Oz. Yes, it's what you think it is. He took the characters from The Wizard of Oz and totally fucked them up. He made them total freaks--but they're very cool, in an insane, dark, twisted, rockin' way. But they're usually $12.99 when they come out.

Not that that's a lot of money, but it usually is to me, especially when I think these things are cool but totally unneccessary to own, and they just become something to want instead of need, and when you think about buying all 5 or 6 then you're talking over $60 at one time. Which is why I try and narrow it down to the one or two I really want.

So, I always slink away saying I'm going to come back later, but the series' are only in "novelty" type stores and they don't stay out for long. Case in point, the Twisted Land of Oz (2003) is now on ebay going for over $70 for just one figure.

I have pictures of the ones I want and the one I have. One day I might be able to splurge for the ones I want, but that day is in a galaxy far, far away.

Here's the one I bought for my sister. (sword swallower) best one #2
This is Bethany Bled, the one she really wanted, but I couldn't find. (my point again) best one #1
Dorothy just plain rocks freaky bondage butt. (she is on ebay now for over $100)
here's another one of Dorothy
This Red Riding Hood isn't scared of the big bad wolf or worried about picking flowers.


These are bit more monsterous, but the details are great, I still want them, and it plays right into my love and fear for movies like Hellraiser. They're from the Clive Barker's Tortured Souls 2--The Fallen series. Clive Barker and Todd McFarlane teamed up. BE WARNED.
Zain
Moribundi
Lucidique
Talisac (this one might be took horrid for even me)
Scythe Meister
Venal Anatomic
Agonistes

These next few (which I own) is from McFarlane's Six Faces of Madness series
Billy the Kidd
Rasputin
Jack the Ripper
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 5:42 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 5:42 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Those are cool in a weird twisted freekish way!!

    Dorthy-Does rock bondage butt!! She is cool!!

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger exMI said…

    Ok sweetie, you are officially wierd. :)
    Welcome to the club.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1