Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Day by Day


I want to thank everyone who shared their hugs and well wishes to me after Scarlett's death. It meant a lot to me. I love you guys. I never thought about the day that she wouldn't be here. It never occured to me. I cried off and on and wish it didn't hit me so hard, but I loved her and I know our strength for her kept her going. Sigh. I'm really going to miss her. *Sniff* Oh, Scarlett. Peace be with you. *sob*

Fortunetly, my sister came by with Karaoke Revolution while I was playing Splinter Cell (which I finished) I'm not one for dance/music games, but I really, REALLY enjoyed this.

The best part? It took my mind off Scarlett for a little while and brightened my day. It was fun, despite the horrid singing. And yes, it was horrid. Here's a quick list of the songs I sang:

"Broken Wings" Mister Mister
"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper
"Are You Happy Now?" Michelle Branch
"You're The One That I Want" Grease Soundtrack
"I'm Coming Out" Diana Ross


And for the (embarrasing) record, Broken Wings sounded as if someone was strangling me while I sang it. Really, that is not a good Karaoke song for someone with my talent. But it was funny because it was so bad. I still had loads of fun.

It was a good way for me to focus on something else.
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 1:31 AM  
2 commentst:
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger paula said…

    I love me some karaoke :)

    Singing cures the soul's owies.

    mg

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Girls Just Wanna Have Fun is one of my favorite songs of the 80's! :) I wore out the cassette listening to it so much.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1