Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
YouTube=YouFools
I really like YouTube. Yes, I'm one of those. I use YouTube to look up everything from videogame walkthroughs, music videos, random Sesame Street clips that take me back to my childhood, Buffy/Angel/Smallville/Supernatural videos, and American Idol auditions to name a small few. I think it is one of our greatest online/technical inventions. It can be very useful and yet...the people that frequent this site are either illiterate, dumb, retarded, 4-years-old or all of the above.

I have had several "YouTube fights" with people where I've gone back and forth with them and several seconds after I always feel a bit dumb for letting myself get pulled in. I'm pretty sure I talked about youtube before, but was there recently and it all came rushing back.

Now, I know I'm a old videogame player, but I shudder to think I sounded and talked like these idiots when I was playing in my heyday. I mean, C'MON! They can't spell, and that's the least of their problems. They're rude, insensitive, stupid, bullies, and narcissistic. I can't stand them! They all think that they know everything, and that everyone else are idiots. They are all quick to be bitchy and just be plain rude to every post or question. They have no respect for anyone. 90% of the the comments I've read are just unnecessarily rude. The worse are the ones for videogames because those are all 13-16 year-old boys who think they are the shit and know EVERYTHING because they have both an X-Box 360 and PS3 AND they beat Metal Gear Solid in 40 minutes. They talk down to you in a minute. They're always "This game isn't scary, I beat it in 4 minutes with my hands tied behind my head." WHO CARES?!??!? I then realize I'm too, much too old for the conversation and I see myself out.

I have to say I'm glad I'm an adult sometimes.

In New News--My new TV obsession is "The Real Housewives of Orange County" on Bravo. Yeah, I know, but it's my new reality. Sue me.

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:45 PM  
3 commentst:
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Mine is Rock of Love Bus. It's a trainwreck.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    OK i am embarrassed to admit this but I watch Real Housewives. My favorite part was when Vicky got hit in the head with the football, my wife and i rewound that and watched it OVER and OVER laughing our asses off.

    I also used youtube to help me beat Mario Bros haha I am a dork I know

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Did you hurt your foot? (avatar)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1