Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas? Over already?
Every year I say the same thing. All that shopping and worrying about gifts, and prices, and bills, and time, and the Who's down in Whoville with all the noise, noise, noise, that after the holidays are over I always go--well, damn, all that for one day. It just seems like so much crazy and it's all over so fast. I love Christmas though, and I love it even more when I can spend a lot of money. heh, heh. Yes, I can be materialistic. I shouldn't be, it should be about being with loved ones and loving that I have decent health (notice I didn't say good. I love my chips!) but anyway, I did enjoy my holiday. Even though a dark cloud was cast with my grandma passing, it was still good. It was okay with her death because she had a long, good life. She saw her kids everyday, was taken care of, always had company, laughed a lot and enjoyed herself for a long time. I also think it's a bit of a relief for my mom and aunts to get a break from helping her. She was a lot of work. Rest in Peace Grandma!

I also hope everyone got what they wanted for Christmas. I did have fun just hanging out and doing nothing. I went out to eat a few times and enjoyed sleeping in. If it hadn't been for my damn boot search things would have been better. You don't want to know how hard it's been searching for boots, both on foot and online. I feel like I've been searching for the Arc of the Covenant! for God's sake! Sheesh! I did finally find some--Columbia boots from Amazon.com. I hope to God they fit. The other ones I had were too small and I had to send them back, it sucked because I loved them. Argh!

Right now I'm cooking dinner and watching La Femme Nikita. I have decided to go on a TV on DVD surge and I'm re-watching a lot of my favs from the beginning and also putting a lot of TV show's that I haven't seen but would like to see in my Netflix Queue such as: Mad Men, How I Met Your Mother, The Wire, and Dexter to name a few. Thank God for time off!

Labels: ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 6:26 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    What did you have to eat when you went out? Do you have any favourite foods in a restaurant that you eat time after time or do you like to mix it up occasionally?

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    King--I have favorites, like Chicken chili and hot and spicy dishes, but as I try to mix it up it doens't always work out too well. Pasta dishes have yet to come out okay for me. for 2009 I want to try different restaurants. I like in a city with 90,000 different restaurants and eat at the same 7. LOL

     
  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger exMI said…

    TV show or movie????

    At any rate, have a Happy New Year.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    Happy New Year Gunny :-D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1