Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
That's Forensic Expert to you
My sister and I went to the Museum of Science and Industry here in Chicago to the CSI: The Experience exhibit on Saturday. It was Awesome! I loved it. However, there is always some drama with us and museum exhibits.

If you remember the last time we went to the Museum then this is no different. I always get emails about stuff going on at the Museum. So, I get one on Friday to let me know that the CSI exhibit is this last weekend. Ack! I wanted to so, so I head over the website and see that there are still a nice amount of tickets left. But, because of no refunds I had to make sure my sister could go.

She left her cell at home so I couldn't ask her until I saw her that night. She said sure, and I head to the internet to buy tickets. (no) Surprise! The tickets are almost sold out except for one ticket (there are timed entries) at 10am and 10:30 a.m. So, I freak for a moment wondering about the next time 3pm and decide that's too late.

I decide to buy both the 10 and 10:30 am tickets and the one who goes first will wait around inside for the other.

So, we get there early and we both have to go the bathroom. Alas, instead of going to the bathroom like normal people, we go to some "World of Tomorrow" exhibit and end up heading over for my time at 10 am. The lady taking the tickets said my sister could try and go in too even though she had a different time, and if they said no she'd just have to wait.

We get in line and she gets out because she has to pee so bad. Arg! So, I go on in but what you do is you a card with your specific crime scene (1, 2, or 3) I get #1 and go in, so I try to call her on her cell, about 98 times to tell her that I got crime scene 1 and to get that one so we'd be on the same case. She never answers!

I check out the crime scene, fill out my card and move on to another area where you get to look at photo's of the crime scene again before moving into the interactive area. I mill around there for 30 minutes waiting for her, and she FINALLY shows up and thank god she has crime scene #1 too.

And before all that I had a panic that I'd bought child tickets. See, if you buy online they were $19 including Museum admission. At the Museum they were $25. So, when I saw the ticket booth Adults $25 Children $19, I freaked out--until we asked these three nice ladies about their tickets and they had $19 also. Whew.

In the end we had a great time, but man, I hate that drama.

Oh, we also solved the crime. Grissom (on interactive touch screen) congratulated us. Heh.

Labels: , ,

Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 10:17 PM  
2 commentst:
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Seems like everything worked out alright despite the drama. Given your museum track record, maybe you shouldn't wait until the last weekend to get tickets though! ;)

    That exhibit sounds interesting. I wonder if it'll be in Cleveland anytime soon.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kingcover said…

    The drama is all part of the excitement and enjoyment. It probably helped you to think more clearly too with your heart thumping away in your mouth lol.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1