Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Zzzzzzzzzz


I have been so tired this week. Not only am I sick, but I've been an idiot and going out afterwork, either shopping or hanging out with friends and not helping my cold one bit. Did I mention I'm tired?

Anyway, I just wanted to hope in and post because I haven't been here in a while and probably won't be back until this weekend.

A co-worker won free tickets to go see Blood Diamond and she invited me along last night. It started at 7:30 and two and a half hours later we were outta there. The movie opens Friday, so I'm pretty giddy we saw it first. Hee.

I liked the movie, though there are mixed reviews already and I can definetly see their points. I think the movie misses some chances to really deliver the message it's trying so hard to send, about political strife and war and murders in Africa over diamond mining. The movie instead focuses a lot on being commercial, with a love subplot that actually went no where, brutal depictions of innocent killings, jarring and sudden shootouts and chase/running scenes and all the cliche's you can pack in a bag.

Muddled along in the movie are a lot of things I liked, but I can see where critics would have issues. Oh well, I saw it for free.

I am on my way to bed now, I need the rest. I got up early today to go to Carson Pierre Scott to shop. After getting home after 11pm last night I left out before 7:30 this morning. You guys don't understand, I love my sleep.

Well, I'll peek at you guys later. Miss you!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 9:11 PM  
4 commentst:
  • At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is cool you got to see it for free. I will probably wait for it to be on dvd.

    Get some rest and get to feeling better soon! xoxoxo

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Phats said…

    I have never even heard of this movie!?

    Any Sarah Michelle Geller sightings, heard she was wanting to do another TV show

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    Tis the season for colds and flu.....get your rest GG or you will never get rid of that cold. Nver heard of the movie but glad you got to see it free!!!!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    I think I love sleep more than food....maybe....definietly when I am sick I do.

    Get well woman!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1