Must Be Tuesday
Chatter from A to Z with a special place for Buffy, Angel and Apolo Anton Ohno.
Saturday, October 28, 2006
"He has the darkest eyes...the devil's eyes..."


The title of my blog post is a quote from "Halloween" and one of my favorite Horror quotes besides others from "Rosemary's Baby", "The Omen", "Hellraiser", "The Thing", "A Nightmare on Elm Street", and "The Ring" to name a few.

I love horror movies, as some of you may know. I may love them more than I should. I can't always quite understand why some people don't like horror, though when I hear sounds in my house or dream about those horrible killings and demons or ghosts I start to understand. Yet, I can never turn down a good horror movie and LOVE them during October.

It's not that I love to be terrified (or is it?) but I like the suspense, the drama, the gore, the surprise. In some odd way watching a horror movie is both comforting and disturbing. Comforting because I'm not in that dark alleyway or abanonded house, or dank basement with the bloody walls bare lightbulb, so I can pull myself away, root for the hero/heroin with reasonable air of safety.

Disturbing because I do fear and feel for that victim and couldn't imagine being hunted in some dark house, scared out of my wits. Fight back? Run? Die from fright?

Overall, I enjoy my horror movies wayyyyyy too much to give them up. And with the upcoming movie Saw III coming out, why not list my favs? I was going list my list with links, but decided that not only would take too long, no one cares that much anyway, but I still wanted to list my top 15 horror movies. If one is on the list you're curious about, by all means ask. I'd be happy to explain any plots, premises, characters, whatever.

So, here they are, starting with number one:


1. Hellraiser
2. The Thing
3. The Omen
4. Aliens
5. Halloween
6. A Nightmare on Elm Street
7. The Exorcist
8. Return of the Living Dead
9. The Ring
10.28 Days Later
11.Dawn of the Dead
12.The Descent
13.Cabin Fever
14.Pitch Black
15.Hellbent


There you have it. Any Questions? Probably not, but I'm open. Have a great weekend everyone!
Gunngirl believed The Truth is still Out There at 2:50 AM  
12 commentst:
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It's behindddddd youuuuuuuuuuuuuu .......... BOO!!!!! :D

    Liking the virtual pic. Have you thrown bat's wing and spider's legs into the pot yet??? ;)

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Linda said…

    Aliens, Pitch Black, The Exorcist would be on my list.
    Cabin Fever?? Please explain this one!!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Louisiana said…

    my dear friend, this post is wayyy too scccaaarrrryyyy for this chicken...

    i'm glad you are enjoying the upcoming holiday but i'm one of the few that over react to a kid with a sheet over his head, lol..

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger L said…

    Ailens & Pitch Black 2 of my favs like sis.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Lori's Minute said…

    I was watching E channel where they were doing top 100 scariest movies (it could have been VH1 - not sure) and in the top ten was this Japanese film where a woman would get a guy to her apartment and do awful things to him and leave him there. THe scene they showed was her coming home and startling a huge canvas bag which contained her latest vicitom who was still alive. She then proceed to use some kind of awful device to remove a part of his body....aaaaghhhh!!!!!! I changed the channel....I cannot stand horror films!!!!! Was this one of your choices? Have you seen it????

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Gunngirl said…

    Gareth--that was actually pretty creepy. I didn't think of tossing anything into the brew, just stirring my Witch Concoction. heh.

    BG--Cabin Fever is about these four teens that go up to a cabin and some guy comes into contact with one of them and he's bloody, and coughing and looks very contagious. He leaves behind some sort of virus that makes the victim cough and spew up blood and pretty much bleeds out to death, very gory and is such a different kind of horror film. Much better than you might think.

    Chana--LOL! Reminds me of Willow's (from Buffy) Halloween costume, a sheet over her head and on the front it said Boo! ha!

    HDD--I wouldn't watch anything scary, I know what I like and I wouldn't want to give you nightmares. ;)

    Lori--Yeah, Aliens--God that is just fantastic.

    Lori's Minute--I think you're talking about "Audition" by a Japanese director Takashi Miike if I'm not mistaken. The woman paralizes the man and he's on the floor of his living room and she saws off his foot with some sort of wire. Yes, it was HORRIFIC. Suprised some American director hasn't remade it yet. But that Japanese director, all his movies are that horrific.

    Anyway, this might be the movie, but I don't remember her having a body in a bag. Hmmm, but I saw that same special you're talking about, it's how I found some new horror I'd never seen before. I LOVE, LOVE horror movies. hee hee!

     
  • At 5:44 AM, Blogger Jeff said…

    The Exorcist sits at the top of the list of scariest movies I have ever seen.

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    Hmm, I think I may have to make fun of you for Cabin Fever. I saw it, didn't get it.

    As you probably know, I am also a horror movie fan. The only movie that's ever really scared me was The Ring. I think Japanese horror really scares me so I'll have to check out Audition.

    ". . . root for the hero/heroine . . ."
    That's where we differ. I usually end up rooting for the possessed/dead/psychopathic killer. In most movies, I find the main characters stupid and annoying. They always have it coming in my mind . . . which I admit is a little twisted.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger Catch said…

    I watch horror movies too, and when I think of myself in the place where they are getting chased by some monster or killer I always think I would just freeze! lol. I wouldnt be able to run, I would be so scared. But I do like a good horror movie!

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger EnnuiHerself said…

    If you like horror flicks, you should try and check this out:
    http://www.horrorfestonline.com/index.html

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger exMI said…

    Late to the Halloween party ehre but what about the EVIL DEAD?? I personally put Aliens and Pitch Black into the SCI-FI action Adventure catagory. Alien (the first movie) was horror. and pretty good too. Good to see another Hellraiser fan though......

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
    Follow me on Twitter!
     
    Who's behind this madness?

    Name: Gunngirl
    Home: Chicago, IL, United States
    Would you like to know more?
    Virtual Gunngirl
      Yahoo! Avatars
    Scooby Gang
    The Chosen Ones
    The Bronze


    Dusted
    The Library
    Elsewhere to be?

    Subscribe with Bloglines Catster: the site for cat lovers Add to Google

    More Buffy love
    The Mansion



    Catster: the site for cat lovers

    Made possible by

    15n41n1